Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity streaming app only records in SD?

New Poster

xfinity streaming app only records in SD?

I recorded a show from one of my xfinity streaming tv HD channels, and what I saw when I played the recording back was an SD and not HD recording. Doesn't seem to be a way to change this. Is this just the way it is?

Thanks,

Dan

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: xfinity streaming app only records in SD?

DanMN wrote:

I recorded a show from one of my xfinity streaming tv HD channels, and what I saw when I played the recording back was an SD and not HD recording. Doesn't seem to be a way to change this. Is this just the way it is?

Thanks,

Dan

No, but you can select different record options when you set a recording which could record the sd version instead of hd. The info of the recording should tell you which channel it was recorded from.

Service Expert

Re: xfinity streaming app only records in SD?

DanMN wrote:

Thanks,

Dan

permanent fix is to find the next time the show will record and the channel number. then bring up the priority list and find the series recording and press the D button to start the delete series process. After deleted, press the guide and navigate to the channel, then the day/time of the next recording (don't use a search to make the recording). press record, set as a series and on the options 'on that channel only - example WABC'. future recordings will be from that channel.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation