Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity on Samsung Smart TV

New Poster

xfinity on Samsung Smart TV

When will the xfinity app be available on Samsung Smart Tvs? Not the xfinity Ultra HD Sampler. The below link states Comcast pulled the app. Please let us know when the full version of the app will be available on Samsung Smart TVs, or please drop the screen sharing restrictions from mobile devices. Thank you

Not since 2015 has the xfinity app been availableon Samsung smart TVs.

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-samsung-smart-tv/
Service Expert

Re: xfinity on Samsung Smart TV

Lf_ffic wrote:
When will the xfinity app be available on Samsung Smart Tvs? Not the xfinity Ultra HD Sampler. The below link states Comcast pulled the app. Please let us know when the full version of the app will be available on Samsung Smart TVs, or please drop the screen sharing restrictions from mobile devices. Thank you

Not since 2015 has the xfinity app been availableon Samsung smart TVs.

Source: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-samsung-smart-tv/

to connect a TV you will need a device that connects to an 'outlet' on your account. Currently that is a TiVo, Xfinity set top box, or a Roku (currently in free Beta). the app you mention is for portable devices. you may currently use a desk/laptop and a Chromecast dongle with Chrome browser to cast to the TV basically treating the TV like a computer monitor, or you can hookup the PC via HDMI cable (again using the TV as a external monitor). 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I've been watching NETFLIX cause it's easier. I can't understand how in 2018 there isn't an app to Smart TV. Xfinity has way better options of TV show, movies and so on than NETFLIX (everything is old on NETFLIX).
Turn on my laptop on the TV, connect the cable.... ZZZZZZ. So boring, it's simpler push my remote button and go to NETFLIX.
Xfinity, you must fix it right now. Most of the NETFLIX success is about being on all smarts TVS.
New Poster

@LeoSa wrote:
I've been watching NETFLIX cause it's easier. I can't understand how in 2018 there isn't an app to Smart TV. Xfinity has way better options of TV show, movies and so on than NETFLIX (everything is old on NETFLIX).
Turn on my laptop on the TV, connect the cable.... ZZZZZZ. So boring, it's simpler push my remote button and go to NETFLIX.
Xfinity, you must fix it right now. Most of the NETFLIX success is about being on all smarts TVS.

Yup, seems obvious...

@LeoSa
Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation