Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity app

New Poster

xfinity app

I am upset with the new mobile xfinity app. I upgraded to the new xfinity app and I am unable to access a great number of the channels I subscribe to..I am now missing Discovery, DIY, BET, BBC, TBS, TCM TVone, TLC, TNT, TRUE, FX,FUSE, MSNBC, OWN, Disc, Bravo, HGTV and the list goes on.  When I go to the channel the error message I receive is 12012 - your subsription does not include the channel, please choose another channel.   BTW - I do subscribe to all of those and more.  I never had this issue with the previous app.

As soon as I updated to the new app and discovered I was unable to access these chanels I called comcast.   I have spoken with several representatives and technicians and I was left with the following information, "comcast was aware of these issues and was hoping to have it remedied by Oct 29th."  Not true.  So I called today and spoke with Dana who said she would put in contact with a technician.  I spoke with "Ray" and he acknowledgd that there were missing channels and that Comcast was aware of this and was not sure when access to those channels would be available.  

I don't see others on this blog experiencing the same issue as me - unable to access channels they subscribe to and receiving the error message I get.  I am at wits end because I can't believe that Comcast pushed out this new app and there are so many issues with the channels.  I am actively looking for another provider because I just don't have it in me to speak with another representative or technician.  

Service Expert

Re: xfinity app

bi5 wrote:

I am upset with the new mobile xfinity app. I upgraded to the new xfinity app and I am unable to access a great number of the channels I subscribe to..I am now missing Discovery, DIY, BET, BBC, TBS, TCM TVone, TLC, TNT, TRUE, FX,FUSE, MSNBC, OWN, Disc, Bravo, HGTV and the list goes on.  When I go to the channel the error message I receive is 12012 - your subsription does not include the channel, please choose another channel.   BTW - I do subscribe to all of those and more.  I never had this issue with the previous app.

As soon as I updated to the new app and discovered I was unable to access these chanels I called comcast.   I have spoken with several representatives and technicians and I was left with the following information, "comcast was aware of these issues and was hoping to have it remedied by Oct 29th."  Not true.  So I called today and spoke with Dana who said she would put in contact with a technician.  I spoke with "Ray" and he acknowledgd that there were missing channels and that Comcast was aware of this and was not sure when access to those channels would be available.  

I don't see others on this blog experiencing the same issue as me - unable to access channels they subscribe to and receiving the error message I get.  I am at wits end because I can't believe that Comcast pushed out this new app and there are so many issues with the channels.  I am actively looking for another provider because I just don't have it in me to speak with another representative or technician.  

Like you, I had this same issue. I contacted the x1 support center at 877-896-8678. They found that the back office (back end) database was out of sync on my account and performed a special account refresh. The problem they said should be cleared up within an hour or I would have to call back. I checked the next morning and still had the problem. Called again and they referred me to level 2. that representative said she could see the mismatch and needed to do the same account refresh (I was reluctant as another hour would have to go by). She said it may not take that long and started the refresh. In a few minutes she asked me to force close the tv app on the iPhone and I did, upon restarting the app it was already working properly. good luck and let us know how it goes for you.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation