Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

xfinity TV app

Regular Visitor

xfinity TV app

I'm subscribing to Xfinity streaming only service. I'm using it on my iPhone and my wife is using it on small Android notebook. Until this point our app of choice was Xfinity TV-GO; however Comcast recently deactivated this app and forced us to install Xfinity TV. It still work fine on iPhone, but after installing it on notebook I can log in and I see all the channels, but if I try to play any of them I get the following message; "Because of security protocol required by our network partners, you can enjoy this video on your mobile device only" I try to uninstall reinstall, but still the same problem. Why will new app be any different than TV-GO as far as functionality?

Please help!

Official Employee

Re: xfinity TV app

AirPlay and GoogleCast are not supported by the XFINITY TV app due to contractual restrictions from our programmers. I suspect that your wife's Android has screen mirroring/casting enabled. You should be able to turn this off within settings. Best, ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation