Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity TV app uses wrong comcast account number

Regular Visitor

xfinity TV app uses wrong comcast account number

I have two comcast account numbers tied to a single user name. I recently switched to a seasonal service for one of my accounts, which is an off-season, limited service for the winter. After doing that, my Xfinity TV app (both iPad and iPhone) does not allow me to access my full channel service (i.e. no sports, etc...just a few basic channels...same as limited plan). Despite spending 3 hours on the phone with Comcast support, I really couldn't get them to understand the situation (they had me re-install, etc...nothing worked). The TV App uses my username for logon. I asked...how does it know which account to access in order to provide my TV App channels?  They don't know the answer. Frustrated in the service, customer support, etc., as the hours spent were fruitless. They have no solution and I don't think they understand the problem. It worked just 2 weeks ago when I had full service on both accounts tied to my username. Help! Thanks

Tags (1)
Service Expert

Re: xfinity TV app uses wrong comcast account number

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi djgoasis, I apologize for your experiences with your TV app.  From reading your message I gather that the account you  put seasonal service was the primary that gave you the entitlements to watch all the channels you are subscribed to on the TV app.  Then when you went into seasonal it  the entitlements ceased thus making the TV app unwatchable.  I will send you a private message to further assist.

Thank you

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Hi...Thanks for the response but that is incorrect. My ''seasonal'' is not the primary account and when I spent considerable time with Comcast support and I asked them to make sure that wasn't done by Comcast by mistake. They assured me it wasn't. I will check private message but no solution yet! 

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation