New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

xfinity TV Remote iOS App: no devices - "We're experiencing difficulties..."

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

xfinity TV Remote iOS App: no devices - "We're experiencing difficulties..."

This is the third day since I upgraded the Xfinity TV Remote app on all my iOS devices to 3.0.0.117, still no devices listed to remote control.  

I tried support - they reset my whole house (router, one set-top, one DVR), and I re-installed all the TV Remote apps (ipad, iphone5, iPhone6).  Then they told me "we are showing a maintenance upgrade to be complete at 12:29AM (the second day).

Third day now, and they can only apologize and say they are aware of the "outage in my area".  Baloney!

Exact error:  

Data Unavailable

We're experiencing some difficulties.

You can continue using the app, but not all areas will be working.

Continue

!!  should say "not any area will be working".

Accepted Solution

Re: xfinity TV Remote iOS App: no devices - "We're experiencing difficulties..."

kingcheez wrote:

The TV Remote app does not say anything. There are no errors coming up. However, when I go to "Settings", the top line reads "No Devices" - whereas it used to show my 2 HD DVRs prior to the app upgrade.

on your DVR remote, press the xfinity button >> gear(settings) "my Account" >> "account details". Did you use the username shown in upper right of that screen?

View answer in context
New Poster

Re: xfinity TV Remote iOS App: no devices - "We're experiencing difficulties..."

Same thing here. Upgraded to Xfinity TV Remote app 3.0.0.117. No Xfinity devices recognized. Was working fine prior to the update. Running on IOS 10.0.1. Uninstall and reinstall per Xfinity rep did not help.

Service Expert

kingcheez wrote:

Same thing here. Upgraded to Xfinity TV Remote app 3.0.0.117. No Xfinity devices recognized. Was working fine prior to the update. Running on IOS 10.0.1. Uninstall and reinstall per Xfinity rep did not help.

when you log out then log back in what is the web page saying after you log in to the app?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

The TV Remote app does not say anything. There are no errors coming up. However, when I go to "Settings", the top line reads "No Devices" - whereas it used to show my 2 HD DVRs prior to the app upgrade.

Service Expert

kingcheez wrote:

on your DVR remote, press the xfinity button >> gear(settings) "my Account" >> "account details". Did you use the username shown in upper right of that screen?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Frequent Visitor

Ok, interesting - I was using the username/password the app had stored in its data which had been working for the last several years.  

I checked the DVR account details, and indeed it is different, so I tried using that username/pw with the app.  No cigars.  Same message "We're experiencing difficulties..."

I was really hopeful when I saw it was different. 

Now it gets even more interesting.

I signed out, and signed back in using the newly saved username-email/pw that matches the DVR preferred email, VOILA!! My devices are back.

Problem Solver

Just for testing purposes, sign out and then back in with your old username and password, and see if it still works. The remote app should work for all your Comcast user accounts, not just the primary.

alanmcdonley wrote:

I checked the DVR account details, and indeed it is different, so I tried using that username/pw with the app.  No cigars.  Same message "We're experiencing difficulties..."

I was really hopeful when I saw it was different. 

Now it gets even more interesting.

I signed out, and signed back in using the newly saved username-email/pw that matches the DVR preferred email, VOILA!! My devices are back.

Ok, interesting - I was using the username/password the app had stored in its data which had been working for the last several years.  

New Poster

Having the same problem:  After I updated the TV Remote app, it no longer recognizes any of my devices.  I've tried changing passwords, powering the iPad off and back on, uninstalling and reinstalling the TV Remote app, and.....nada, zip, zatz.

And I added the Account app to my iPad (which I previously hadn't installed), and when I log in it says something like "you're logged in but we can't get to any of your information", so it seems something is messed up on Comcast's end, since multiple apps are apparently unable to access account info.

This stinks.

New Poster

I don't have a DVR or an xfinity button on my remote and I'm having the same issue... I can sign into the iPhone my account app just fine and my devices show up there... They're not on the list of devices that the app doesn't work with... I'm using the preferred email shown on the my account app..

Frequent Visitor

My account details shows a blank Username and a blank primary email.

New Poster

I spoke with a customer service rep today and he said it won't be back up until October 20th!  I'm hoping for sooner, but my experience with Xfinity/Comcast has been that you get a different answer from each person you speak with. 

Frequent Visitor

At least the techs should give us a path to go back to the previous version.

Service Expert

drcoker wrote:

My account details shows a blank Username and a blank primary email.

ok so it is a backend problem. Call into 800-comcast and select billing. Explain the problem to them so they can correct your records.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Service Expert

drcoker wrote:

At least the techs should give us a path to go back to the previous version.

what is the problem you are having?

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

any update on this - I'm having this problem with iOs 10 and new latest version of the app - same message, nothing accessible with app, doesn't recognize my DVR, etc.  chatted with support on 10/2 and told it was a remote app outage and given and problem ticket number but nada....

Frequent Visitor

Rustyben suggested that I had a backend problem(sic ) and to check account details with my X1 Remote. If your user name is blank, call COMCAST and request billing. They can step you thru to the solution.
Worked for me. HOWEVER, the problem has returned.
Don Coker
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation