Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

why do XFINITY CUSTOMERS not have the ability to control which recordings are available on cloud dvr

New Poster

why do XFINITY CUSTOMERS not have the ability to control which recordings are available on cloud dvr

I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER MY CLOUD RECORDINGS. WHO OR WHAT DECIDES WHAT RECORDINGS SHOW UP ON MY CLOUD XFINTY STREAM APP? I HAVE PLENTY OF CLOUD STORAGE YET MY RECORDINGS WHICH ARE PRESENT ON MY DVR DO NOT ALL SHOW UP ON MY CLOUD RECORDINGS. WHY AM I NOT ABLE TO PUSH A RECORDING FROM MY DVR TO MY CLOUD SO I CAN WATCH IT THREW THE XFINITY STREAM APP!!!!! CUSTOMERS NEED TO BE ABLE TO CHOOSE AND CONTROL WHAT IS AVAILABLE ON THEIR CLOUD TO WATCH, OR THE CLOUD LIMIT SHOULD MATCH THE DVR SPACE SO ALL OUR RECOEDING ARE AVAILABLE ON THE CLOUD!!!!!!!!!

Official Employee

Re: why do XFINITY CUSTOMERS not have the ability to control which recordings are available on cloud

radmand510 wrote:

I HAVE NO CONTROL OVER MY CLOUD RECORDINGS. WHO OR WHAT DECIDES WHAT RECORDINGS SHOW UP ON MY CLOUD XFINTY STREAM APP? I HAVE PLENTY OF CLOUD STORAGE YET MY RECORDINGS WHICH ARE PRESENT ON MY DVR DO NOT ALL SHOW UP ON MY CLOUD RECORDINGS. WHY AM I NOT ABLE TO PUSH A RECORDING FROM MY DVR TO MY CLOUD SO I CAN WATCH IT THREW THE XFINITY STREAM APP!!!!! CUSTOMERS NEED TO BE ABLE TO CHOOSE AND CONTROL WHAT IS AVAILABLE ON THEIR CLOUD TO WATCH, OR THE CLOUD LIMIT SHOULD MATCH THE DVR SPACE SO ALL OUR RECOEDING ARE AVAILABLE ON THE CLOUD!!!!!!!!!

Only the most recent 60 hours of recordings are available for X1 Cloud DVR functionality. The availability of content on your mobile devices and computers may be slightly less than that on your TV. If you exceed the 60-hour limit, the oldest recordings will drop off for any new recordings. These recordings may still be available for viewing on your TV.

Please see the FAQs here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

You can select “Recording Options” for the recordings that are most important to you and set them to “Save for 1 Year”.  However, if you do this for too many recordings, no new recordings will occur in the Cloud due to the 60 hour limit.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation