Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,841,891

members

1,103

online

36,148

topics

Top

watch ESPN app on other networks

New Poster

watch ESPN app on other networks

Recently our in laws were visiting. They have an Xfinity triple play type service. We have Internet only. Every time they tried to log in to the watch ESPN app on their tablet (WIFI ONLY) it would automatically authenticate to our Xfinity account through the router which would then deny them access due to us not having a TV subscription. Is there a way to bypass this automatic identification on WIFI so that they can access the content they pay for when they are visiting us?
Service Expert

Re: watch ESPN app on other networks


krouches wrote:
Recently our in laws were visiting. They have an Xfinity triple play type service. We have Internet only. Every time they tried to log in to the watch ESPN app on their tablet (WIFI ONLY) it would automatically authenticate to our Xfinity account through the router which would then deny them access due to us not having a TV subscription. Is there a way to bypass this automatic identification on WIFI so that they can access the content they pay for when they are visiting us?

I had not used that ESPN Watch app before. As a test, I turned off wifi (I'm at home on Comcast) on my iphone and used my at&t cell data to select xfinity as provider and login with username/password( checking remember me). Login was instant. I then played an on-demand item. I stopped it, and changed to a neighbors xfinitywifi SSID and began playing another asset. Finally I switched to my home wifi and app still worked. You might have them try using their cell carrier to login as I did and see if that removes any problem they are having.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: watch ESPN app on other networks

Thanks for the reply. That's what we ended up doing, however the tablet they own is wifi only, which is where the issue of auto authentication lies. I was just wondering if there is either a way to always log in to an account regardless of the network, or a way to turn off auto authentication.
Service Expert

Re: watch ESPN app on other networks


krouches wrote:
Thanks for the reply. That's what we ended up doing, however the tablet they own is wifi only, which is where the issue of auto authentication lies. I was just wondering if there is either a way to always log in to an account regardless of the network, or a way to turn off auto authentication.

If Comcast did that, then anyone could give their credentials (Comcast userid/password) to ANYONE and they could get free access to the Comcast services.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: watch ESPN app on other networks

So when comcast says "watch your shows on any device, anywhere" they actually mean anywhere in your house...
Service Expert

Re: watch ESPN app on other networks


krouches wrote:
So when comcast says "watch your shows on any device, anywhere" they actually mean anywhere in your house...

I believe you are confusing two services. While 'in' your home connected to your Xfinity internet service you can stream live channels on any compatible device in your home. While away from your home you can watch completed recordings as a streaming service or download them to your compatible device, as well as use the ToGo streaming broadcast feeds and those on-demand assets that are not marked as in-home only availability.




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3308 views
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation