New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

tvgo on iphone6s Using AVOTCH Cable to TV - Video Hangs

ANSWERED
Regular Visitor

tvgo on iphone6s Using AVOTCH Cable to TV - Video Hangs

Using Xfinity TVGO app on iPhone 6s... works fine.

Purchased an AVOTCH Lightning to HDMI adaptor to display TVGO app to TV. When Avotch adapter is connected to iPhone the TV channel being viewed hangs on the iPhone. When cable removed I can restart TV channel OK. 

Other TV displaying from the iPhone, i.e. pics, videos, general screens display fine, so it appears to be the TVGO app that gets hung when lightning display cable plugged in. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Accepted Solution

Re: tvgo on iphone6s Using AVOTCH Cable to TV - Video Hangs

SteveCom wrote:

Dan, 

thanks for quick feedback though I'm not sure why displaying to TV from a notebook is OK but not from iPad or iPhone. 

Secondary question ... Can I pull up https://tv.xfinity.com/ on iPad Safari or Chrome browser and connect to TV that way with adapter?

Notebook died and I wasn't planning on replacing. 

Thanks, 

Steve

Hi Steve,

There's no practical way to restrict output of a PC or Mac to an external display so it is somewhat of a loophole. The website won't work on an iPad - you'd simply see a roadblock telling you to download the mobile app. The website's DRM (digital rights management) isn't compatible on mobile devices which is why we offer native apps.  There is a Roku app in development which may be an option for you, rather than getting a new laptop. We don't have a formal release date yet but it should be soon.

Best,

ComcastDan

View answer in context
Official Employee

SteveCom wrote:

Using Xfinity TVGO app on iPhone 6s... works fine.

Purchased an AVOTCH Lightning to HDMI adaptor to display TVGO app to TV. When Avotch adapter is connected to iPhone the TV channel being viewed hangs on the iPhone. When cable removed I can restart TV channel OK. 

Other TV displaying from the iPhone, i.e. pics, videos, general screens display fine, so it appears to be the TVGO app that gets hung when lightning display cable plugged in. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi SteveCom,

I'm assuming you're referring to the XFINITY  TV app (the TV Go app is no longer supported). Due to contractual requirements from programmers (TV networks), playback on external displays isn't supported from the mobile apps. You can, however, use the https://tv.xfinity.com website from a PC or mac and connect to your external display.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Dan, 

thanks for quick feedback though I'm not sure why displaying to TV from a notebook is OK but not from iPad or iPhone. 

Secondary question ... Can I pull up https://tv.xfinity.com/ on iPad Safari or Chrome browser and connect to TV that way with adapter?

Thanks, 

Steve

Official Employee

SteveCom wrote:

Dan, 

Thanks, 

Steve

Hi Steve,

There's no practical way to restrict output of a PC or Mac to an external display so it is somewhat of a loophole. The website won't work on an iPad - you'd simply see a roadblock telling you to download the mobile app. The website's DRM (digital rights management) isn't compatible on mobile devices which is why we offer native apps.  There is a Roku app in development which may be an option for you, rather than getting a new laptop. We don't have a formal release date yet but it should be soon.

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Regular Visitor

Understand (but don't agree with) why TV App doesn't allow connect to external display.

As for Roku supporting Xfinity TV App... show me the money! Understood target delivery was end of 2016.

Have a great New Year. 

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation