Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

tv remote app will not recognize devices

New Poster

tv remote app will not recognize devices

Xfinity TV remote App will no longer recognize any of my devices.  I can no longer view favorite channels, recorded programs, scheduled programs or schedule a program.  What happened? 

I used to really like this app and use it all the time on my ipad pro.  Anyone else run into this?  Any fixes for it?

I got it working just now-- a couple of deletions and reinstalling to app did the trick

New Poster

Re: tv remote app will not recognize devices

Same issue here.  Do you have X1 boxes or legacy boxes.  I have not upgraded to X1 and cannot see any of my 3 devices.

Silver Problem Solver

This all seems related to Comcast's major changes to their online services. I don't know if this only affects non-X1 or not. If so, it may be yet another bamboo-under-the-toenails torture to push people into X1.

Contributor

After installing the TV Remote app for my 2 year old Comcast supplied non-X1 Motorola RNG200T (for which I am charged a monthly fee) because the Xfinity Web App Fiasco (XWAF) removed the old functionality "to improve my experience", I had the same problem for 3 days.

Then, today a little after noon, without my rebooting my box, or signing in and signing out, or re-installing the app, or upgrading my iPad's OS, or burning frankincense and myrrh at my XFinity altar, or any other of the uninformed Comcast Service Droid Voodoo suggestions, it suddenly started working!! Yay!!! I can see my DVR recordings, delete and schedule episodes, everything they say it should do for the money I pay! Yipee!

Except, 3 hours later, it spontaneously stopped working again. "No Devices".

Comcast: "We don't care. We don't have to!"

Silver Problem Solver

The new sticky-post at the top about the new 'combined' TV Go App mentions non-X1 users should use the remote app for programming. Problem is, as you and others have mentioned, IT DOESN'T WORK!! It's obvious they made some behind-the-scenes changes and it somehow cannot determine the proper boxes to use.

New Poster

I used my remote app all the time on the Motorola DVR n my bedroom and the one in the family room. Suddenly about three weeks ago it stopped seeing my devices. I spent 25 minutes online chatvwith Xfinity only to realize the three techs I was transferred through had absolutely no idea what they were doing...nor did they care...I HATE Xfinity!!  As soon as At&T or Direct  become a better option I am changing! 

Official Employee

Goirishx7 wrote:

I used my remote app all the time on the Motorola DVR n my bedroom and the one in the family room. Suddenly about three weeks ago it stopped seeing my devices. I spent 25 minutes online chatvwith Xfinity only to realize the three techs I was transferred through had absolutely no idea what they were doing...nor did they care...I HATE Xfinity!!  As soon as At&T or Direct  become a better option I am changing! 

Sorry you're having trouble. Did you check the Settings menu in the app to confirm if devices are appearing and you have chosen the default. If none are appearing, it can often be fixed by signing out and back in again. Also, ensure you have updated your app to the latest version. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

The app no longer sees the devices at all. I uninstalled reinstalled at least 10 times also signed in and out. The app on my I pad amd I phone both will not work any more!  

New Poster

I'm having the same issue of app not recognizing devices. I get the message '' no devices were found on your account '.   I have the most up to date version. I've reinstalled and signed in and out. none of these things made any difference .  I have the set-top cable box moto DCX3200M. My tv is on when I download and sign into app. Under 'TV control configuration' is list 'Default STB'. when I select it is just get the 'no devices were found on your account 

THE APP used to allow me to use my phone and tablet as a remote  but after an update a several weeks ago the is no longer the case. Sadly, It doesn't work on any of my devices.

Service Expert
Moved:

Service Expert

a quick test to diagnose the problem is to be sure you are logging on with the same username shown on your X1 equipment ... Xfinity >> gear(settings) >> MyAccount >> Account Details... The username is to right of "Username: "  If it does not have text after "Username:" call 800-COMCAST and select billing and have them review your account and specifically do a UUA account refresh. (I have no idea what that UUA means but they have said it to me many times when my modem suddenly falls off my account records).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 9 in conversation