Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

throttle dish anywhere

New Poster

throttle dish anywhere

I have a dish account with Dish Anywhere.  When I try to play a recording I just get a "Reconnecting" message.  Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
Official Employee

Re: throttle dish anywhere

gscerb wrote:

I have a dish account with Dish Anywhere.  When I try to play a recording I just get a "Reconnecting" message.  Any suggestions?

Sorry, can't support the Dish app here in the Stream app forum. However, if you think there is an issue with XFINITY Internet, you may want to check the Internet section of the forum. You can also run a speed test to make sure there aren't connectivity issues.  Beyond that, Dish would be the best place to contact.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

We have the same problem. We can get Dish anywhere to work if we are connected to our iPhone hotspot but not on wifi. Did you find a solution?

New Poster

I've had this issue for years with comcast (10 years as of March 2018) to several different sling/dishanywhere devices  Pretty sure they are doing something to mess with the connection.  The second I switch to a non comcast internet connection (att mobile, verizon mobile, and now tmobile mobile connection) it streams flawlessly.  The poor streaming issues with comcast isn't just at my house, but also at the girlfriend's house, 40 miles away.

If i connect to an xfinity wifi spot, i have the same issues, but if i connect to a neighbor's wifi who doesn't have comcast internet, it works fine.  The good news is, in a matter of a few months, I'll have another high speed internet choice at my home and will be giving comcast the boot.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation