Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

stream tv app errors

Regular Visitor

stream tv app errors

I have xfinity x1 and I am unable to download most of my recorded programs from the dvr to my iphone, ipad, or Android tablet. I receive one of the following error messages; Metadata failed 7005, server error 8001, only a partial recorded program shows up and sometimes the program doesn’t show up at all. When I watch dvr programs at home they work fine but not while trying to watch programs that are in the “cloud” thru my phone or tablet.

Several times I have restarted the dvr, synced the dvr, unplugged the entire system and restarted, reinstalled the app. This happens to about 8 out of 10 programs regardless if theyre recorded in HD or not, or what time of day, or what channel. I've been trying to use the live chat to get a fix however it seems thats not working either. I see alot of people seem

to be having similar issues. Can anyone from comcast tell me when this will be fixed? It makes no sense to pay for a service I can't use

New Poster

Re: stream tv app errors

I am having all the same problems with my Stream TV app. I had the same problems even before they recently changed the app from Xfinity TV. I have spent countless hours on the phone with top level tech support ( level 3 and engineering). I have had 3 techs out to my house trying this and that, replacing that and this and wasted more time than i have dealing with Comcast over this. I travel a lot and rely on this app. So i continue to have problems accessing all my dvrd shows, downloading shows, some shows that I DVRd not showing up on the app, partial shows showing up instead of the full show that correctly Dvrd on my tv. I've tried live chat and next step is to go into the new retail location of Comcast. How is it that they dont have specific techs to deal with app problems. Frustrated beyond belief. 

Official Employee

I'm very sorry you both are having these issues. There is nothing you can do on your end to fix it. Reinstalling the app, having technicians come to your house, visiting a local service center - all of these will just lead to more frustration and not resolve the issue.

There is an issue with Cloud DVR which is primarily impacting the Chicago market which is, unfortunately, where you both live. The engineers are aware and working on it. I wish I had better news or some solution to offer. 

This has nothing to do with the app itself, it appears to be the Cloud DVR system in that area, which is separate from your physical DVR and explains why recordings work fine there but not in the app.

Again, very sorry.  I suggest you try On Demand if available. You can filter by "Available for download" in that section. I'll provide an update if/when I get one from the technical team.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

Also having this issue. Very annoying. Will cost you customers if you don't get it fixed.
Frequent Visitor

I am very upset with Comcast for forcing me to upgrade to the new Xfinity Stream TV APP on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro.  The old Xfinity Go app worked fine, the new Xfinity Stream TV DOES NOT!  It keeps locking up the APP when I try to load the EPG along with some other features I try to use. 

When will Xfinity do a Fix on the bum APP?  Soon I hope so I can get back to streaming my service, OR, optionally, let us go back to the prior Xfinity Go APP that worked fine.

Gary

Service Expert

gozarzycki wrote:

I am very upset with Comcast for forcing me to upgrade to the new Xfinity Stream TV APP on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro.  The old Xfinity Go app worked fine, the new Xfinity Stream TV DOES NOT!  It keeps locking up the APP when I try to load the EPG along with some other features I try to use. 

When will Xfinity do a Fix on the bum APP?  Soon I hope so I can get back to streaming my service, OR, optionally, let us go back to the prior Xfinity Go APP that worked fine.

Gary

the Stream app uses an IPG (interactive Program guide). Not sure what you mean when you say 'looking up the app'. There is a companion app Xfinity TV Remote that has a different program guide and you can set recordings from that app and initiate play of programs on a set default set top box connected TV.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Visitor

Still having the same issue.... this is the response from Comcast...unbelievable....

This reponse is from ComcastDan

I'm very sorry you both are having these issues.  There is nothing you can do on you end to fix it.  Reinstalling the app, having technicians come to your house, visiting a local service center- all of these will just lead to more frustration and not resolve the issue.

There is an issue with the Cloud DVR which is primarily impacting the Chicago market which is, unfortunately, where you both live. The engineers are aware and working on it. I wish I had better news or some solution to offer.

This has nothing to do with the app itself, it appears to be the Cloud DvR system in that area, which is separate from your physical dvr and explains why recordings work fine there but not in the app.

Again very sorry. I suggest you try On Demand if available. You can filter by available for download in that section. I'll provide an update if/when I get one from the technical team.

ComcastDan

I have xfinity x1 and I am unable to download most of my recorded programs from the dvr to my iphone, ipad, or Android tablet. I receive one of the following error messages; Metadata failed 7005, server error 8001, only a partial recorded program shows up and sometimes the program doesn’t show up at all. When I watch dvr programs at home they work fine but not while trying to watch programs that are in the “cloud” thru my phone or tablet.
Several times I have restarted the dvr, synced the dvr, unplugged the entire system and restarted, reinstalled the app. This happens to about 8 out of 10 programs regardless if theyre recorded in HD or not, or what time of day, or what channel. I've been trying to use the live chat to get a fix however it seems thats not working either. I see alot of people seem
to be having similar issues. Can anyone from comcast tell me when this will be fixed? It makes no sense to pay for a service I can't use

New Poster

I also am having this problem and the error code is 102. something unable to access video. I am not in the chicago area.  I was having no problems at all until two weeks ago.  What is going on and when will it be fixed Comcast Dan????

New Poster

At least once a week I get playback errors when trying to watch recorded programs on my Nividia tablet and/or Android phone, which is always FOX News. Tonight, I am unable to watch TWO recorded programs, one is an ABC show (error 8001) and the other is a FOX News show (error 106000). My husband complains that we pay too much money to Comcast and wants to cancel and this is just another reason to bolster his case. Does anybody have any suggestions.