Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

stream app doesn’t have our channel lineup

New Poster

stream app doesn’t have our channel lineup

A few days ago the xfinity stream app suddenly didn’t have our current channel lineup that we pay for each month so we can not watch many of the channels we pay for on our tablets etc. I contacted Comcast and the representative told me they were escalating the case to engineering or something and would be in touch within 24 hours but we’ve heard nothing. Anyone else having the same issue or does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

Expert

Re: stream app doesn’t have our channel lineup

NathanSizemore wrote:

A few days ago the xfinity stream app suddenly didn’t have our current channel lineup that we pay for each month so we can not watch many of the channels we pay for on our tablets etc. I contacted Comcast and the representative told me they were escalating the case to engineering or something and would be in touch within 24 hours but we’ve heard nothing. Anyone else having the same issue or does anyone have any advice? Thanks!

hi, would you press the A button on the remote and select system refresh and run that option. then go back to the stream app when the refresh is complete and close the app and reopen OR change to cell and back to wifi (or the opposite) to refresh the entitlements in the app. working now?

Official Employee

Hi NathanSizemore. Were you able to try the advice provided by Rustyben?

Please let us know if you need further assistance with the Stream App or your channel lineup. We're here to help if you need it. 

Frequent Visitor

I’m having the same issue. I did the exact steps recommended by Rustyben and the app still says it needs to be connected to my WiFi. Which it already is. I also have a Roku that cannot receive any live channels at all now because the stream app does not recognize its contented to my home network. Which it is. This appears to be a global issue with the stream app. It’s happening on different devices and is able to be reproduced. Can this be escalated to be fixed? I have guests relying on the Roku stream app to provide TV service and will be here for weeks. As of now, the TV service though the stream beta app on Roku and on the iPhone app is not functioning correctly. See screenshot from iPhone showing the message and that I’m connected to my internet. Which I am.
Tags (1)
5546E35C-ED3A-404C-BEF0-E6630AAF394A.png
8D1A76D6-49E0-430E-846F-B639DCE07F83.png
Expert

Gwalk34 wrote:
I’m having the same issue. I did the exact steps recommended by Rustyben and the app still says it needs to be connected to my WiFi. Which it already is. I also have a Roku that cannot receive any live channels at all now because the stream app does not recognize its contented to my home network. Which it is. This appears to be a global issue with the stream app. It’s happening on different devices and is able to be reproduced. Can this be escalated to be fixed? I have guests relying on the Roku stream app to provide TV service and will be here for weeks. As of now, the TV service though the stream beta app on Roku and on the iPhone app is not functioning correctly. See screenshot from iPhone showing the message and that I’m connected to my internet. Which I am.

run the Xfinity My Account app. select the internet tab. compare the 'seral number' with your modems HFC mac ID. are they exactly the same?

Frequent Visitor

Update: I’m happy to inform the issue appears to be resolved as of this morning. I’ll try it again tonight and update again. Rustyben, I did not try your recommendation but will if there are further issues. Thanks!
Frequent Visitor

Update: still working this evening. Thanks for fixing Comcast!