Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

stream TV app on iPhone and Kindle Fire

New Poster

stream TV app on iPhone and Kindle Fire

I've been trying to stream ESPN2's coverage of the World Series of Poker (from our DVR) on my iPhone 7 and Kindle Fire HD using the Xfinity Stream app, and after being able to watch for a while (on iPhone), I'm getting streaming errors on both the iPhone and Kindle. On the Kindle, it shows "Error 5" at the bottom of the screen. On my iPhone, I get "Playback Issue: 101000.106000". This has ONLY occurred when watching this program, not with any other program that I have attempted (thus far). I also am not able to download the program, even when I am at home and logged into my Xfinity Wifi.

Problem Solver

Re: stream TV app on iPhone and Kindle Fire

"Error 5" means "file not found", unfortunately. :-( Thanks for letting us know we're showing 101000.106000 on iOS; those are the two least-relevant parts of the error code (together they just mean "a playback error occurred"), so we should be suppressing those and showing the final code in that chain, which is more specific (though often equally unsatisfying). If you were able to start streaming and only got the playback error mid-stream, it's probably individual video fragments that are missing. If you were able to start a download but never got it to complete successfully, missing fragments can be the culprit. If you got an error when trying to even start the the download, that's usually an indication that the main file that tells the player about all the fragments is itself missing. Either way, not a good thing, and I'm sorry this is happening to you!

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation