members

online now

discussions

roku app error

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 12

I am generally pleased with the Roku app, but I randomly get a DRM-3 error that won't let a recorded show load or stops it during playback.  Any suggestions on how to handle this?

11 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 12

tdr567 wrote:

I am generally pleased with the Roku app, but I randomly get a DRM-3 error that won't let a recorded show load or stops it during playback.  Any suggestions on how to handle this?

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I don't anticipate there is anything you can do except perhaps try again. There are a couple DRM-X error that the developers are working to resolve.

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 12

I am getting the same error code whenever I try to watch TNT on the xfinity beta for roku. I have the roku ultra if that helps the dev team at all. Error code DRM.-3

Posted by
New Poster

Message 4 of 12

We get (Error DRM.-3) on everything thing we try to watch, Live TV or Demand.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 5 of 12

I have been getting the same error over and over again. It has never worked for me on my Roku Ultra. My other roku is hit or miss. And comcast just increased my bill by another $10 a month for no known reason. Getting REALLY frustrated.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 6 of 12

hockeyfox wrote:

I have been getting the same error over and over again. It has never worked for me on my Roku Ultra. My other roku is hit or miss. And comcast just increased my bill by another $10 a month for no known reason. Getting REALLY frustrated.

last part first: call 800-Comcast and select billing and discuss with the billing department. explain just what you said and ask if there is a cheaper package for you (especially ask if the package includes nay equipment rental in the package price).

You didn't put in your post how your Roku devices are connected. If it is RF you might have a lack of signal or the TV itself is blocking the signal.  Does the Roku seem to have a signal level diagnosis? Some routers show signal strength on their menu system for connected wireless network devices.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 7 of 12

I too am suddenly getting the error drm.-3 on my Roku enabled TV. Was working fine for a couple of months. Have tried logging out/logging into app, removing and reinstalling the app, resetting the wifi connection on my smart TV to no avail. What's really weird is the Xfinity Stream app works fine from my iPhone, Macbook and laptop PC? Any further suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

Posted by
New Poster
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 8 of 12

Notice Xfinity Stream app on my PC's and Mobile devices no longer list "beta" in their icons/titles but the Xfinity Stream app per my Roku-enabled TV - Streaming Channels listing still lists the "beta" status - could this be the issue why Xfinity Stream is no longer working on my Roku-enabled Smart TV?

Posted by
Admin1

Message 9 of 12

Hi Stikkman61 -- I can help with that error. Can you tell me what Roku model you have along with which operating system it's running on please? Also the Stream App only lists a beta on Roku because it's a beta app for that device. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
New Poster

Message 10 of 12
I get this error a ton, mainly when watching sports and it goes to a commercial. I have roku premiere +. I have updated my roku system and the beta fully as of 9/14/17.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 11 of 12

This issue has existed since May-June. None of the recommendations here have helped myself, or the majority of people looking for help here. The only response you'll get is to reinstall or reauthorize the app, or that you shouldn't complain because it's a "Beta" app.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 12 of 12

Hello All,

I was able to verify this error code is currently being investigated but has not been determined a known issue. I would like to gather all of your account info and Roku device make and model so we can monitor this for all affected. To protect the privacy of your accounts, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.