Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

roku app error

New Poster

roku app error

I am generally pleased with the Roku app, but I randomly get a DRM-3 error that won't let a recorded show load or stops it during playback.  Any suggestions on how to handle this?

Official Employee

Re: roku app error

tdr567 wrote:

I am generally pleased with the Roku app, but I randomly get a DRM-3 error that won't let a recorded show load or stops it during playback.  Any suggestions on how to handle this?

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I don't anticipate there is anything you can do except perhaps try again. There are a couple DRM-X error that the developers are working to resolve.

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I am getting the same error code whenever I try to watch TNT on the xfinity beta for roku. I have the roku ultra if that helps the dev team at all. Error code DRM.-3

New Poster

We get (Error DRM.-3) on everything thing we try to watch, Live TV or Demand.

Regular Visitor

I have been getting the same error over and over again. It has never worked for me on my Roku Ultra. My other roku is hit or miss. And comcast just increased my bill by another $10 a month for no known reason. Getting REALLY frustrated.

Service Expert

hockeyfox wrote:

I have been getting the same error over and over again. It has never worked for me on my Roku Ultra. My other roku is hit or miss. And comcast just increased my bill by another $10 a month for no known reason. Getting REALLY frustrated.

last part first: call 800-Comcast and select billing and discuss with the billing department. explain just what you said and ask if there is a cheaper package for you (especially ask if the package includes nay equipment rental in the package price).

You didn't put in your post how your Roku devices are connected. If it is RF you might have a lack of signal or the TV itself is blocking the signal.  Does the Roku seem to have a signal level diagnosis? Some routers show signal strength on their menu system for connected wireless network devices.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

Re: roku app error (drm.-3)

I too am suddenly getting the error drm.-3 on my Roku enabled TV. Was working fine for a couple of months. Have tried logging out/logging into app, removing and reinstalling the app, resetting the wifi connection on my smart TV to no avail. What's really weird is the Xfinity Stream app works fine from my iPhone, Macbook and laptop PC? Any further suggestions?

Thanks,

Scott

New Poster

Notice Xfinity Stream app on my PC's and Mobile devices no longer list "beta" in their icons/titles but the Xfinity Stream app per my Roku-enabled TV - Streaming Channels listing still lists the "beta" status - could this be the issue why Xfinity Stream is no longer working on my Roku-enabled Smart TV?

Admin1

Hi Stikkman61 -- I can help with that error. Can you tell me what Roku model you have along with which operating system it's running on please? Also the Stream App only lists a beta on Roku because it's a beta app for that device. 

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I get this error a ton, mainly when watching sports and it goes to a commercial. I have roku premiere +. I have updated my roku system and the beta fully as of 9/14/17.
Frequent Visitor

This issue has existed since May-June. None of the recommendations here have helped myself, or the majority of people looking for help here. The only response you'll get is to reinstall or reauthorize the app, or that you shouldn't complain because it's a "Beta" app.

Official Employee

Hello All,

I was able to verify this error code is currently being investigated but has not been determined a known issue. I would like to gather all of your account info and Roku device make and model so we can monitor this for all affected. To protect the privacy of your accounts, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

I am now getting DRM-3 error on my Roku express since yesterday. The app has been working pretty well for months now neither live or on demand works.
Contributor

ComcastChe wrote:

Hello All,

I was able to verify this error code is currently being investigated but has not been determined a known issue. I would like to gather all of your account info and Roku device make and model so we can monitor this for all affected. To protect the privacy of your accounts, please send me a private message verifying the first and last name of the account holder, phone number, and the street address or the full account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

Sending you a PM now with the info you requested.

I am also subscribed to a similar thread on this same topic. I posted my latest update here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Roku-xfinity-stream-beta-Error-DRM-3/m-p/2978698#M9915

Service Expert

Cgg2 wrote:
I am now getting DRM-3 error on my Roku express since yesterday. The app has been working pretty well for months now neither live or on demand works.

try these steps in order: logout of the Xfinity stream app. remove the app (uninstall). unplug the device from the TV and the power supply (if separate) for 30 seconds or more. Attach the Roku back to the TV, install the app and login. working now?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

Cgg2 wrote:

try these steps in order: logout of the Xfinity stream app. remove the app (uninstall). unplug the device from the TV and the power supply (if separate) for 30 seconds or more. Attach the Roku back to the TV, install the app and login. working now?

As posted here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Roku-xfinity-stream-beta-Error-DRM-3/m-p/2978698#M9915

I followed each step in order on both my Roku Ultra devices and I still am getting the DRM-3 errors.

This really feels like an issue with the Roku streaming app authenticating correctly since we have not experienced this issue on our Android devices using the XFinity streaming app, nor in our web browser on PC.

Service Expert

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Cgg2 wrote:

As posted here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Roku-xfinity-stream-beta-Error-DRM-3/m-p/2978698#M9915

I followed each step in order on both my Roku Ultra devices and I still am getting the DRM-3 errors.

This really feels like an issue with the Roku streaming app authenticating correctly since we have not experienced this issue on our Android devices using the XFinity streaming app, nor in our web browser on PC.

can you test changing data method? (wired ethernet vs wireless)? 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

Rustyben wrote:

DKPeppard wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

Cgg2 wrote:

can you test changing data method? (wired ethernet vs wireless)? 

I would be happy too, although there is a new development, as I posted here: http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Roku-xfinity-stream-beta-Error-DRM-3/m-p/2979399#M9936

'So last night we tried watching a couple of the same shows again on one of our Roku Ultras. We were able to watch two full episodes of Garage Rehap on Discovery, and about 30 minutes of First 48 on A&E with no DRM errors.

Not sure if Comcast did something on their end, but this was a plesant surprise.

For reference we had not rebooted our Rokus at all. They were all in the same state as when we previously received the DRM. -3 errors.'

Regular Visitor

I started getting the error code in early October.  It's only with saved recordings and the audio and video continue fine, but the gray panel behind the code stays up covering 80% of the image.  If this drm-3 on its background panel would go away, everything would be fine.  Che, I'm trying to send you a private message but after clicking on your name, it goes to your page but there is no 'message me' area or field to type in my information and message.

Please help.

Official Employee

Hi khud,

Thanks for reaching out publicly. I can help with error code DRM-3. To ensure I am able to access the correct account can you please verify your account info in a private message? From there I will refresh a few things on the back end to see if that fixes your issue as well. Since I have replied to your public post, you should now be able to send me a private message. 

To send a private message, click on my name, then click private message me. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
New Poster

Im experiencing same issue on pf my roku express, not on my tv w roku built in. Can you take a look at my account. My video service is strictly xfinity stream.
New Poster

I have been getting this error for about a week. I have tried all the suggested fixes.
Service Expert

Fmtinsley wrote:
I have been getting this error for about a week. I have tried all the suggested fixes.

The internal 'fail' DRM-3 will rest reset if you follow the logout uninstall, unplug the device from power for 30 seconds or longer and at same time disconnect the device from the TV for the same amount of time. reinstall and login and begin working again. (also, unplug the TV too since you tried other procedures). 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I was getting this error. I uninstalled and it was still happening. I logged out, uninstalled, unplugged the roku and plugged it back in and reinstalled. This worked for me.
Official Employee

Hello @Rjohnson1234. Have you had the chance to try the suggestions provided, to see if that clears up your issue? 

• Seleneg Wrote: "I was getting this error. I uninstalled and it was still happening. I logged out, uninstalled, unplugged the roku and plugged it back in and reinstalled. This worked for me."

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.