Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

record programs from TV listing

New Poster

record programs from TV listing

I used to be able to set up DVR recordings from the online Xfinity TV listing, but that is not possible since the change of its lay-out.

It is so annoying. I called the Support, but they have no idea.

Can someone help?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: record programs from TV listing

AA111 wrote:

I used to be able to set up DVR recordings from the online Xfinity TV listing, but that is not possible since the change of its lay-out.

Can someone help?

Which app are you using?

Official Employee

AA111 wrote:

Can someone help?

Unless you subscribe to X1 with Cloud DVR, you should use the XFINITY TV Remote app to schedule your recordings.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

ComcastDan wrote:

AA111 wrote:

Can someone help?

Unless you subscribe to X1 with Cloud DVR, you should use the XFINITY TV Remote app to schedule your recordings.

ComcastDan, have you actually used the Xfinity TV Remote app to actually schedule recordings? I can't speak for the Apple version, but the Android version is just HORRIBLE.  Jump ahead a few hours in the grid, then pick a show to schedule a recording. After it is scheduled, press the back arrow to go back to the grid, and guess what, you end up at the current time, not where you jumped ahead. So now you have to jump ahead a few hours again to get back to where you were. And to top it all off, when it jumps back to the current time, the grid is empty.

This happens of both my tablet and Galaxy S4 phone, so it's not an issue on my end. Did anyone actually test this app? Pathetic.

Screenshot_2016-10-20-16-03-36.png

Official Employee

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

AA111 wrote:

Can someone help?

ComcastDan, have you actually used the Xfinity TV Remote app to actually schedule recordings? I can't speak for the Apple version, but the Android version is just HORRIBLE.  Jump ahead a few hours in the grid, then pick a show to schedule a recording. After it is scheduled, press the back arrow to go back to the grid, and guess what, you end up at the current time, not where you jumped ahead. So now you have to jump ahead a few hours again to get back to where you were. And to top it all off, when it jumps back to the current time, the grid is empty.

This happens of both my tablet and Galaxy S4 phone, so it's not an issue on my end. Did anyone actually test this app? Pathetic.

I personally user iPad/iPhone but have confirmed the issue you reported and escalated to the technical team responsible. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Problem Solver

ComcastDan wrote:

HowAboutThisOne wrote:

ComcastDan wrote:

AA111 wrote:

Can someone help?

I personally user iPad/iPhone but have confirmed the issue you reported and escalated to the technical team responsible. 

So then how is recommending a BROKEN app a solution to the OP's problem? It would be better off to tell them too bad, just use the set-top box remote.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation