Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

"Not on Home Network" error

New Poster

"Not on Home Network" error

I've been having the "not on home network" error when trying to stream non-TVGO channels for some time and have decided to try and sort it out.  I'm on my home network using a SB6130 modem and an ASUS router.  I have this issue on all devices connected both wired and wireless (eg PC, iPad, phone etc).  TVGO channels work fine so it appears to have something to do with how Comcast determines the request is coming from what it defines as my home network.  I thought it was doing this by checking to make sure the X1 box and the streaming device were on the same LAN, but the X1 box does not seem to be connecting through my ASUS router (using the ethernet port or wirelessly) so Comcast must be using some other method.   I've searched around on the Comcast site and other forums and can't seem anything that addresses the issue I am having.    I've done all of the normal X1 box, modem, router resets etc.  Any one have any ideas?

Bronze Problem Solver

Re: "Not on Home Network" error

jsh4006 wrote:

I've been having the "not on home network" error when trying to stream non-TVGO channels for some time and have decided to try and sort it out.  I'm on my home network using a SB6130 modem and an ASUS router.  I have this issue on all devices connected both wired and wireless (eg PC, iPad, phone etc).  TVGO channels work fine so it appears to have something to do with how Comcast determines the request is coming from what it defines as my home network.  I thought it was doing this by checking to make sure the X1 box and the streaming device were on the same LAN, but the X1 box does not seem to be connecting through my ASUS router (using the ethernet port or wirelessly) so Comcast must be using some other method.   I've searched around on the Comcast site and other forums and can't seem anything that addresses the issue I am having.    I've done all of the normal X1 box, modem, router resets etc.  Any one have any ideas?

Go here and verify the serial number listed for you cable modem matches the one on your modem

https://customer.xfinity.com/#/devices

If not call support and tell them they don't match

New Poster

Thanks for the quick response.  I checked the SNs and what is shown on the Comcast website as the SN is actually the MAC ID for the modem.  Should it be the SN instead?  If so, there are two listed on the modem...1) Customer S/N - 12 digit alphanumeric and 2) S/N - 24 digit numeric.  Any idea which one to use?

Bronze Problem Solver

jsh4006 wrote:

Thanks for the quick response.  I checked the SNs and what is shown on the Comcast website as the SN is actually the MAC ID for the modem.  Should it be the SN instead?  If so, there are two listed on the modem...1) Customer S/N - 12 digit alphanumeric and 2) S/N - 24 digit numeric.  Any idea which one to use?

MAC addr is correct, comcast calls it SN for some reason. They determine home network through your cable modem, not your x1 box.

Bronze Problem Solver

I would try calling support and asking them to do a refresh on your account

New Poster

will do - I appreciate your help