Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

"Get Started" showing connection error

New Poster

"Get Started" showing connection error

Since running Android N I cannot launch any current version of the Stream App as it crashes immediately. I saw the posting about Beta Android O support which would be nice. Because of the crash problem I went back to older versions of the TV app until I found one that would install and launch. However aftet the XFinity logo startup and I click on thr "Get Started" I get a popup window saying that it cannot connect. My internet works and the app was working fine before I updated to Nougat.

Any ideas? i've tried uninstall and reinstall. I suspect that if I can get past this inital login that everything will work again.
Official Employee

Re: "Get Started" showing connection error

MChawla wrote:
Since running Android N I cannot launch any current version of the Stream App as it crashes immediately. I saw the posting about Beta Android O support which would be nice. Because of the crash problem I went back to older versions of the TV app until I found one that would install and launch. However aftet the XFinity logo startup and I click on thr "Get Started" I get a popup window saying that it cannot connect. My internet works and the app was working fine before I updated to Nougat.

Any ideas? i've tried uninstall and reinstall. I suspect that if I can get past this inital login that everything will work again.

Android N is supported and should work (that's what I use). There is an issue when customers change their default browser from Chrome to something else (Firefox).  Is that your situation by chance?  If so, change it back to Chrome until after you've logged in. Then, you can set it to whatever you'd like (we only make you log in when adding a new device or significant change in your subscription).