Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

"Available to watch in home only"....when I am at home.....

New Poster

"Available to watch in home only"....when I am at home.....

Where to start? Have been getting this message at least 4 times since mid-April, resulting in calls to support (my attempt to have the problem fixed last Monday, May 8 was epic-disconnnected---I kid you not---6 times. I would have signed up for Verizon that night if I was not moving in six months). The app worked 2 days-really, again not kidding-and again am getting this message.I just haven't had time to deal with it until today, and yet again, nobody could fix it and am waiting for a call from "escalated support team". Yes, I have reset my computers, yes, I am not on the wrong wifi network (for the record,  I am attempting to watch from my desk top with a hard wired connection but it doesn't matter-I cannot stream from iPad, phone, Mac, Roku).

Honestly Comcast, I am about done. I have been a customer for 25+ years. The service I have received over the past month has been so bad. And could you get your reps in the Phillipines to stop with the constant apologies, and very poor English comprehension ("I understand you cannot log in" "Um no. You understood incorrectly"). I have asked to have the call escalated and your own team members don't even know what I am talking about! When I asked one rep, after the 6 dropped calls about refunding my bill, she stated I should even want a refund because Comast offers this services as an add-on for their customers-yes, good old Comcast, just giving stuff away out of the goodness of their hearts.

But I digress.....how can I get my streaming live to work-for good this time?

Service Expert

Re: "Available to watch in home only"....when I am at home.....

mw55 wrote:

Where to start? Have been getting this message at least 4 times since mid-April, resulting in calls to support (my attempt to have the problem fixed last Monday, May 8 was epic-disconnnected---I kid you not---6 times. I would have signed up for Verizon that night if I was not moving in six months). The app worked 2 days-really, again not kidding-and again am getting this message.I just haven't had time to deal with it until today, and yet again, nobody could fix it and am waiting for a call from "escalated support team". Yes, I have reset my computers, yes, I am not on the wrong wifi network (for the record,  I am attempting to watch from my desk top with a hard wired connection but it doesn't matter-I cannot stream from iPad, phone, Mac, Roku).

Honestly Comcast, I am about done. I have been a customer for 25+ years. The service I have received over the past month has been so bad. And could you get your reps in the Phillipines to stop with the constant apologies, and very poor English comprehension ("I understand you cannot log in" "Um no. You understood incorrectly"). I have asked to have the call escalated and your own team members don't even know what I am talking about! When I asked one rep, after the 6 dropped calls about refunding my bill, she stated I should even want a refund because Comast offers this services as an add-on for their customers-yes, good old Comcast, just giving stuff away out of the goodness of their hearts.

But I digress.....how can I get my streaming live to work-for good this time?

when you click on live TV and select listings, and set filter to 'available out of home' do those 'channels' play fine? do you have a smart device (iOS or android) that you can run the xfinity My Account app and look at the internet 'tab' and check to be sure a modem is listed there and that the serial number matches your cable modem (or gateway)?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Yes, no (it is not working on any device-PC, iPhone, iPad, Mac, TV with Roku), and yes (although on call 1 for this issue, the tech discoverd a modem I had returned at least 4 years ago was still on my account).

Service Expert

mw55 wrote:

Yes, no (it is not working on any device-PC, iPhone, iPad, Mac, TV with Roku), and yes (although on call 1 for this issue, the tech discoverd a modem I had returned at least 4 years ago was still on my account). 

on the my account app, does your current modem appear? (serial number) 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation