Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

phone to tv

Regular Contributor

phone to tv

Xfinity TV works on new Xfinity Mobile smartphone (LG X Charge). Want to view on 43'' HDTV. Xfinity and LG both state HDMI Cable not available. Advised to buy Smart TV and view phone's Xfinity TV wirelessly. Which Smart TV works with LG X Charge? All the Smart TVs work with Netflix or other such "services". Read about ChromeCast but that use Chrome browser & ChromeCast App on phone, not sure if Xfinity's Stream TV App is compatible with Chrome stuff. Anyone found a 'work-around'?

Service Expert

Re: phone to tv

HarryDemers wrote:

Xfinity TV works on new Xfinity Mobile smartphone (LG X Charge). Want to view on 43'' HDTV. Xfinity and LG both state HDMI Cable not available. Advised to buy Smart TV and view phone's Xfinity TV wirelessly. Which Smart TV works with LG X Charge? All the Smart TVs work with Netflix or other such "services". Read about ChromeCast but that use Chrome browser & ChromeCast App on phone, not sure if Xfinity's Stream TV App is compatible with Chrome stuff. Anyone found a 'work-around'?

To get cable to your television, you will need a subscription to cable TV and a set top box or Tivo (with a Comcast cablecard inserted).  The exception is a PC using the Chrome browser that 'casts' to the TV via the Chromecast dongle device. If you subscribe to Xfinity home internet (only) there is a current beta program for instant TV using the stream app. If you also subscribe to cable TV (+ the internet) then there is a currently free beta using some models of the Roku devices. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Regular Contributor

To get cable to your television, you will need a subscription to cable TV and a set top box or Tivo (with a Comcast cablecard inserted).  The exception is a PC using the Chrome browser that 'casts' to the TV via the Chromecast dongle device. If you subscribe to Xfinity home internet (only) there is a current beta program for instant TV using the stream app. If you also subscribe to cable TV (+ the internet) then there is a currently free beta using some models of the Roku devices. 

I've had cable subscription & cable boxes for decades and that's why I now have Xfinity Mobile, which is the reason I here asking about using their Streaming App in conjunction with a HDTV not connected to my cable service. IN SHORT, trying to view their TV Service away from home on other HDTVs !

Don't have Roku, WHY WOULD I ?  Was told Xfinity Mobile Smartphone would "send" it's TV signal to a HDTV then when the HDMI cable to do that wasn't available I was told their Smartphone would "send" TV signal wirelessly to a "Smart TV". That's what I asking about...  ANY SMART TV, EVERY SMART TV ???

Can a NON-SMART TV be used with an ADAPTER or CONVERTER, WHICH ONE ???  Web is full of them & they seem to work with every smartphone ever-made EXCEPT the one Xfinity sold me ...

NO HDMI CABLE, NOW NO ADAPTER, WONDERING WHAT SMART TV TO BUY & CARRY AROUND.

Looking for help with HDMI cable or MHL Micro USB to HDMI HDTV Adapter, a Smart TV won't fit in my back pocket so I guess that's OUT ! 

Regular Contributor

To get cable to your television, you will need a subscription to cable TV and a set top box or Tivo (with a Comcast cablecard inserted). The exception is a PC using the Chrome browser that 'casts' to the TV via the Chromecast dongle device. If you subscribe to Xfinity home internet (only) there is a current beta program for instant TV using the stream app. If you also subscribe to cable TV (+ the internet) then there is a currently free beta using some models of the Roku devices.

I've had cable subscription & cable boxes for decades and that's why I now have Xfinity Mobile, which is the reason I here asking about using their Streaming App in conjunction with a HDTV not connected to my cable service. IN SHORT, trying to view their TV Service away from home on other HDTVs !

Don't have Roku, WHY WOULD I ? Was told Xfinity Mobile Smartphone would "send" it's TV signal to a HDTV then when the HDMI cable to do that wasn't available I was told their Smartphone would "send" TV signal wirelessly to a "Smart TV". That's what I asking about... ANY SMART TV, EVERY SMART TV ???

Can a NON-SMART TV be used with an ADAPTER or CONVERTER, WHICH ONE ??? Web is full of them & they seem to work with every smartphone ever-made EXCEPT the one Xfinity sold me ...

Looking for help with HDMI cable or MHL Micro USB to HDMI HDTV Adapter, a Smart TV won't fit in my back pocket so I guess that's OUT !

Bye the bye, any idea on how much DATA watching 1 hour of TV on Xfinity Mobile Smartphone would consume ? Chances are stream to phone will be HD, not SD, so I'm assuming more not less than email and basic data usage ...

On second-thought... would Roku be the ADAPTER in my case or just a cable box replacement that works via LAN or Home WiFi instead-of coax ?

Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:
Was told Xfinity Mobile Smartphone would "send" it's TV signal to a HDTV then when the HDMI cable to do that wasn't available I was told their Smartphone would "send" TV signal wirelessly to a "Smart TV". That's what I asking about... ANY SMART TV, EVERY SMART TV ???

Can a NON-SMART TV be used with an ADAPTER or CONVERTER, WHICH ONE ??? Web is full of them & they seem to work with every smartphone ever-made EXCEPT the one Xfinity sold me ...

Looking for help with HDMI cable or MHL Micro USB to HDMI HDTV Adapter, a Smart TV won't fit in my back pocket so I guess that's OUT !

Bye the bye, any idea on how much DATA watching 1 hour of TV on Xfinity Mobile Smartphone would consume ? Chances are stream to phone will be HD, not SD, so I'm assuming more not less than email and basic data usage ...

On second-thought... would Roku be the ADAPTER in my case or just a cable box replacement that works via LAN or Home WiFi instead-of coax ?

Who ever told you that you could watch streaming from your phone on your tv was wrong. Comcast stream app can detect when mirroring is being used and blocks the attempt. While using a pc and the stream website you can since there is no way for them to block it: this can be done with hdmi or wireless mirroring hardware such as chrome cast. The roku app only works while on your home network, so it is just a cable box replacement. You might want to look into a Slingbox: http://www.slingbox.com/en-US/DiscoverSling.aspx to view tv service on a tv away from home

Regular Contributor

Actually the Xfinity Mobile web site "said" that, if memory serves... and I recall being pleasantly surprised at the news. Additionally, two different Reps. confirmed this, maybe I 'talked-them-into' the idea BUT usually I'm not that good at convincing people...  GO FIGURE, COMCAST/XFINITY PHONE REPS. HAVE NEVER IMPRESSED ME AS ALL THAT KNOWLEDGEABLE.

I know I didn't "come-up-with" the Smart TV stuff, I heard about some phones and/or carriers allowing HotSpots but 'casting' & 'mirroring' is something I just read about recently. So, what am I to believe ?

I also recall my first ever Smartphone (Motorolla Milestone 3) having a Micro HDMI port... wonder what that was for...?  That was back before 4G or LTE, maybe to make the phone into a PC with a big Flat Screen and a phone size keyboard...???

Thanks for the advice anyway. Did you catch my question about "data usage" per hour with the TV signal hitting just the LG X Charge smartphone itself (forgetting all about a Smart or Dumb TV) ?  I dare NOT ask Xfinity Mobile any more questions at this point, who knows what they might tell me...!    Don't have another two months to figure that one out, still trying to get LG's newest 'latest-greatest' to do what a 5 yr. old Motorolla COULD DO back then.

Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:

Actually the Xfinity Mobile web site "said" that, if memory serves... and I recall being pleasantly surprised at the news. Additionally, two different Reps. confirmed this, maybe I 'talked-them-into' the idea BUT usually I'm not that good at convincing people...  GO FIGURE, COMCAST/XFINITY PHONE REPS. HAVE NEVER IMPRESSED ME AS ALL THAT KNOWLEDGEABLE.

I know I didn't "come-up-with" the Smart TV stuff, I heard about some phones and/or carriers allowing HotSpots but 'casting' & 'mirroring' is something I just read about recently. So, what am I to believe ?

I also recall my first ever Smartphone (Motorolla Milestone 3) having a Micro HDMI port... wonder what that was for...?  That was back before 4G or LTE, maybe to make the phone into a PC with a big Flat Screen and a phone size keyboard...???

Thanks for the advice anyway. Did you catch my question about "data usage" per hour with the TV signal hitting just the LG X Charge smartphone itself (forgetting all about a Smart or Dumb TV) ?  I dare NOT ask Xfinity Mobile any more questions at this point, who knows what they might tell me...!    Don't have another two months to figure that one out, still trying to get LG's newest 'latest-greatest' to do what a 5 yr. old Motorolla COULD DO back then.

I just looked at the Xf mobile site and did a search and couldn't find any reference to cast or mirror, it would have been interesting to see what was there. As far as the amount of data used streaming, I haven't seen and numbers that I trust. You could test by using the data usage fuction on your phone. Record what is reported before streaming, stream for 10 minutes, then look  at the data usage again.

Regular Contributor

In re-reading the last post & my reply to it, I thinking that I haven't made myself clear or at least not clear  enough...

Posters seem to be trying to help me watch what I am already recieving via cable boxes & cable DVRs.

What I'm after is CONNECTING the Xfinity Mobile Smartphone to ANY Non-Smart HDTV via WIRE or WIRELESSLY that IS NOT in my HOME !

I DON'T need another "SERVICE" or anything like it, have anywhere / anytime via Xfinity Mobile (think that's why they don't call it Xfinity Cellular). 

If I was 'told wrong' and their phone CAN NOT send TV signal to a HDTV or SmartTV then I'm looking for a "WORK-AROUND" (as mentioned in my original question/submission) like a Micro USB to HDMI cable (and there's thousands of those 'out there, just don't know which one WILL WORK, a little help please) --OR--  like a non-propriatory WiFi adapter that makes a Non-SmartTV into a SmartTV that will "SEE" my Xfinity Mobile LG X Charge smartphone & NOT lock me to every other provider except the one needed.

Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:

In re-reading the last post & my reply to it, I thinking that I haven't made myself clear or at least not clear  enough...

Posters seem to be trying to help me watch what I am already recieving via cable boxes & cable DVRs.

What I'm after is CONNECTING the Xfinity Mobile Smartphone to ANY Non-Smart HDTV via WIRE or WIRELESSLY that IS NOT in my HOME !

I DON'T need another "SERVICE" or anything like it, have anywhere / anytime via Xfinity Mobile (think that's why they don't call it Xfinity Cellular). 

If I was 'told wrong' and their phone CAN NOT send TV signal to a HDTV or SmartTV then I'm looking for a "WORK-AROUND" (as mentioned in my original question/submission) like a Micro USB to HDMI cable (and there's thousands of those 'out there, just don't know which one WILL WORK, a little help please) --OR--  like a non-propriatory WiFi adapter that makes a Non-SmartTV into a SmartTV that will "SEE" my Xfinity Mobile LG X Charge smartphone & NOT lock me to every other provider except the one needed.

Does this answer your new request?

There is no known work around to get xfinity stream app to mirror from any mobile device to a tv (with the exception of a pc). A lot of cell phones have the ability to mirror to a smart tv, but the Xf app will block streaming when it sees that it is activated.

Regular Contributor

Hi Mevnanzi, thanks for your comment.

What I read & heard also failed to contain those terms as well... Xfinity "SAID" watch TV via phone-to-TV, they might NOT understand or even know about "cast" / "mirror" !!!  They've only HAD smartphones for several months, where-as they hardly know about CABLE after 20+ years.

Their web site also DOESN'T show real data usage, already 'been-there-done-than' with them. They ONLY provide a "rounded-up" running total in 100s of MB, ie.- you start at 0.1GB even though you've used ZERO then when you top 100MB in the real-world they show 0.2GB for 101MB when you're 99MB shy of 200MB. To make things even better only 1 out of 10 Reps. know 'how-to' find / look-up the real number, they just repeat the 0.2GB over & over...

Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:

Hi Mevnanzi, thanks for your comment.

What I read & heard also failed to contain those terms as well... Xfinity "SAID" watch TV via phone-to-TV, they might NOT understand or even know about "cast" / "mirror" !!!  They've only HAD smartphones for several months, where-as they hardly know about CABLE after 20+ years.

Their web site also DOESN'T show real data usage, already 'been-there-done-than' with them. They ONLY provide a "rounded-up" running total in 100s of MB, ie.- you start at 0.1GB even though you've used ZERO then when you top 100MB in the real-world they show 0.2GB for 101MB when you're 99MB shy of 200MB. To make things even better only 1 out of 10 Reps. know 'how-to' find / look-up the real number, they just repeat the 0.2GB over & over...

When I mentioned use data usage before and after streaming, I was referring to the data usage built into the phone, not the inaccurate comcast one (I'm still waiting for comcast rep to explain their rounding).

Regular Contributor

Hi Mevnanzi

That Streaming App RECIEVES their TV Signal per their web site & per their Reps., DO YOU AGREE ?

And their Reps. are as sure that the said TV Signal WILL go to a TV as you seem to be that it WILL NOT.

May I ask where you obtained tour information, do you have the same Xfinity Service & Xfinity Mobile Smartphone & Plan as I do ?  If so, I will have to go with your conclusion & send your comments to them so they can make adjustments. 

Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:

Hi Mevnanzi

That Streaming App RECIEVES their TV Signal per their web site & per their Reps., DO YOU AGREE ?

And their Reps. are as sure that the said TV Signal WILL go to a TV as you seem to be that it WILL NOT.

May I ask where you obtained tour information, do you have the same Xfinity Service & Xfinity Mobile Smartphone & Plan as I do ?  If so, I will have to go with your conclusion & send your comments to them so they can make adjustments. 

The app gets the tv digital DATA either over wifi or cell data depending on your phone connection just like the streaming web site does.

Yes I have Xf X1 TV, internet, phone, and cell phone.

You can see were I got my info by going to the top of this forum and search for mirror or cast. This topic has been brought up many times. Here is one that a comcast rep responded to that is very clear:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Why-can-t-I-stream-the-new-tv-app-to-my-smart-tv-when-I-u...

Regular Contributor

You're correct, you DID say "check data usage on phone", I got ahead-of-myself.

We agree on their "round-up" at least, COOL.

When I mentioned "work-around" I was referring to phone's AV output & which of the thousands of cables should I try given that the phone is SO new and is not "listed" anywhere among those sellers.

I was NOT referring to a "work-around" to the Streaming App which unlike you I think should allow the phone's hardware to SEND AV out one way or another. At this point let's agree to dis-agree until there's proof by users or Xfinity, maybe a patch can be added or removed to make everything work as advertised.                                                                                    

Service Expert

HarryDemers wrote:

When I mentioned "work-around" I was referring to phone's AV output & which of the thousands of cables should I try given that the phone is SO new and is not "listed" anywhere among those sellers.

I was NOT referring to a "work-around" to the Streaming App which unlike you I think should allow the phone's hardware to SEND AV out one way or another. At this point let's agree to dis-agree until there's proof by users or Xfinity, maybe a patch can be added or removed to make everything work as advertised.  

Cable operators pay per outlet connected to a TV (by contract). The only TV connection (not including a PC using TV as a monitor) allowed right now for Comcast is the Roku currently under a free beta but the device will only work on a home network. The restriction is part of the DRM (Digital Rights Management) system that prevents non-licensed display of content.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:

I understand what you meant by workaround. Your LG X Charge only has a USB connection according to the manual and has Direct Wifi and bluetooth to share data. So thats what you have to work with. Good luck, if you ever find something that works, let us know. If you find where they advertise you can mirror to a tv, I'd like to see that as well.

Regular Contributor

Their web site nor Reps. ever used the term MIRROR, that's only used here, I'm repeating myself now !

Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:

Their web site nor Reps. ever used the term MIRROR, that's only used here, I'm repeating myself now !

However they say it, I like to see it in writing

Regular Contributor

DRM not the issue...  thx anyway, nice try...

Regular Contributor

Have checked XfinityMobile.com w/o looking for CAST or MIRROR ? Because I never saw those "terms" and they were never uttered by two Reps. when I ordered, just VIEW or WATCH, big difference !

Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:

Have checked XfinityMobile.com w/o looking for CAST or MIRROR ? Because I never saw those "terms" and they were never uttered by two Reps. when I ordered, just VIEW or WATCH, big difference !

View and watch is true if you use channel specific apps such as the ABC app, but not with Xf stream app. Using a channel specific app and the WIFI direct function of your phone, you should be able to watch on your tv if your tv supports WIFI direct as well.

Regular Contributor

I understand what you meant by workaround. Your LG X Charge only has a USB connection according to the manual and has Direct Wifi and bluetooth to share data. So thats what you have to work with. Good luck, if you ever find something that works, let us know. If you find where they advertise you can mirror to a tv, I'd like to see that as well.

USB can charge USB does data USB can't do anything else ???

See a lot about USB to video; audio; A/V; HDMI; MHL; SlipPort; MyDP; etc.

Might get $800 phone with HDMI port just to be DONE-WITH-IT !

AGAIN, "MIRROR" ONLY USED HERE, NOT ON XFINITYMOBILE.COM, SEE SITE FOR YOURSELF FOR THEIR TERMS. I ALSO DIDN'T USE "MIRROR" IN MY ORIGINAL POST.

Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:

USB can charge USB does data USB can't do anything else ???

See a lot about USB to video; audio; A/V; HDMI; MHL; SlipPort; MyDP; etc.

Might get $800 phone with HDMI port just to be DONE-WITH-IT !

AGAIN, "MIRROR" ONLY USED HERE, NOT ON XFINITYMOBILE.COM, SEE SITE FOR YOURSELF FOR THEIR TERMS. I ALSO DIDN'T USE "MIRROR" IN MY ORIGINAL POST.

usb can be used to connect to pc to see files/transfer on phone to/from pc, not video data.

Others who have phones with hdmi have reported that when the try to connect phone to tv using hdmi, the app blocks with an error.

Ok, but we have to call it something, what do you want to call it? PS I didn't write mirror in my last post.

Regular Contributor

View and watch is true if you use channel specific apps such as the ABC app, but not with Xf stream app. Using a channel specific app and the WIFI direct function of your phone, you should be able to watch on your tv if your tv supports WIFI direct as well.

We're making a little progress.

No more CAST or MIRROR with an App for each & EVERY ONE of the channels on X1 TV, still no HDMI cable but ok on WIFI over to SmartTV that I don't have at vacation home, just a HDTV.

Does your phone get all your X1 channels via Stream App ?  Mine does, 5.5'' screen.  Was that App pre-installed or did you download / install ?  Mine was pre-installed & worked on 1st try.  Are we the same so far ?   

Regular Contributor

usb can be used to connect to pc to see files/transfer on phone to/from pc, not video data.

WONDER WHAT MHL; SLIPPORT; MYDP(DISPLAY PORT) IS ALL ABOUT ?

Others who have phones with hdmi have reported that when the try to connect phone to tv using hdmi, the app blocks with an error.

HEARD ABOUT NO SYNC OR LOSS OF SYNC REQUIRING RESETS EACH TIME.

Ok, but we have to call it something, what do you want to call it? PS I didn't write mirror in my last post.

I LIKE IT TO MENTIONING TORQUE WHEN MOST PEOPLE ONLY KNOW HORSEPOWER...

HP=SPEED, TORQUE ??? WHAT'S THAT ?

Regular Contributor
Regular Contributor
Official Employee

HarryDemers, Cast and Mirror functions are phone specific. Some phones can do it while others cannot. If you were going to cast your screen from your phone to your TV, your TV would need to have a built in dongle for that-- or you can purchase on separately like ChromeCast. 

Regardless, as mentioned before, Our Stream app doesn't allow you to show content from your phone and cast that (or mirror) that image to your TV. 

USB is only used for data transfer and charging capabilities. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:

Before worring about these, you have to determine what your phone is capable of. according to your phone's manual, the usb port only has 2 functions: recharging and conecting to pc for file access.

Regular Contributor

HarryDemers, Cast and Mirror functions are phone specific. Some phones can do it while others cannot. If you were going to cast your screen from your phone to your TV, your TV would need to have a built in dongle for that-- or you can purchase on separately like ChromeCast. 

Regardless, as mentioned before, Our Stream app doesn't allow you to show content from your phone and cast that (or mirror) that image to your TV. 

USB is only used for data transfer and charging capabilities. 

KenF

KenF, the two XfinityMobile reps. I talked with when ordering SHOULD HAVE KNOWN what you know !

They SHOULDN'T HAVE TOLD ME what they did !  Someone should pull the telephone recordings.

What about the thousands of cables that connect phone's Micro USB to TV's HDMI ?  (see links above)

What about a 5yr. old phone having a Micro HDMI output, for TODAYS phones to not have A/V out is BACKWARD TECHNOLOGY !   The fact is, USB now can do A/V and alot more via HW; FW; SW.

Purchase ChromeCast ???   Thought a Free App. Needs Google Chrome, know that's free.

Is ALL wireless communication between devices "cast" or "mirror", you didn't say that but everyone here seems to think they are paramount WHILE TWO DIFFERENT SALES REPS. NEVER HEARD OF "CAST" OR "MIRROR".  Think I made my point !

Regular Contributor

HarryDemers wrote:

Before worring about these, you have to determine what your phone is capable of. according to your phone's manual, the usb port only has 2 functions: recharging and conecting to pc for file access.

Hi again

It is a given that not every smartphone is EXACTLY like everyother smartphones, there are differencies. That being said, the smartphones of today are 'hand & shoulder' advancement over the first cellphones, which were nothing more than walkie-talkies while smartphones are mobile computers. Advancements didn't usually remove major improvements like the A/V output on a 5yr. old phone that had HDMI out. Maybe current phones rarely use HDMI but now USB seems to do most anything you want via HW;FW; SW and with newer & newer OSs in phones it seems ill-logical (to me) to assume phones can't output any A/V. If Apps per channel don't cripple HW functionality why would a multi-channel App cripple the same HW, more backwards technology ?  

Additionally, manuals are often outdated before they are printed due to FW & SW updates and patches. Almost any "system" can be modified this way, most are designed for this.

I remember the days when one HAD TO use 3 RCA cables to hear & see CABLE on TV, now we have HDMI & WiFi.  We didn't HAVE TO go back to rabbit-ears with twin-lead !

Did you notice all the manufactures of Micro USB to HDMI cables ?  Somebody must be buying and I can't believe only a small hand-full of phones use those cables, on the contrary, I think maybe only a few phones models CAN'T use them. With luck our phones will... do we have the same phone, you never mentioned yours, unless I missed that...  no 'biggy' if you wish to keep that private, like to see yours work too.

Thanks for the conversation 

Regular Contributor

KenF, did the pervious Streaming App allow what the two Reps. stated ?

Someone at Comcast should really take a listen to the recording !

Let me know if you need anything further from me about this matter.

Bronze Problem Solver

HarryDemers wrote:
If Apps per channel don't cripple HW functionality why would a multi-channel App cripple the same HW, more backwards technology ?  

Did you notice all the manufactures of Micro USB to HDMI cables ?  Somebody must be buying and I can't believe only a small hand-full of phones use those cables, on the contrary, I think maybe only a few phones models CAN'T use them. With luck our phones will... do we have the same phone, you never mentioned yours, unless I missed that...  no 'biggy' if you wish to keep that private, like to see yours work too.

Thanks for the conversation 

The per cannel apps don't block because it's their content and their choice. The Xf multi-channel is blocked because Xf didn't negotiate contracts with the stations to allow displaying the content to external displays. Many Xf reps have stated this on the forums.

Yes there are many usb to hdmi converters out there, older phones didn't have ability to wirelessly display its screen to external displays. Google usb to hdmi and you will see videos of phone to tv from 10 or more years ago.

If you get it working, let us know.

Official Employee

KenF, did the pervious Streaming App allow what the two Reps. stated ?

Someone at Comcast should really take a listen to the recording !

Let me know if you need anything further from me about this matter.

I don't believe so. I believe it comes down to licensing agreements with the networks. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Regular Contributor

Yes there are many usb to hdmi converters out there, older phones didn't have ability to wirelessly display its screen to external displays. Google usb to hdmi and you will see videos of phone to tv from 10 or more years ago.

MY 5YR. OLD MOTOROLA HAD MICRO HDMI BUT WAS 3G & BELOW.

NOT SURE IF OLDER PHONES (2G & BELOW) COULD EVEN OUTPUT A/V.

MY SEARCHES SHOW ME 2015/2016/2017 PHONES, NEVER SAW 2005 PHONES, MAYBE I USED BING

Regular Contributor

I don't believe so. I believe it comes down to licensing agreements with the networks. 

KenF

HOW DID I KNOW YOU WERE GOING TO SAY THAT ?

PLEASE SEE POST ONE ABOVE OF YOURS ABOUT DRM.

MY QUESTION STEMS FROM A POSTER'S COMMENTS, I'M JUST REPEATED THAT.

IT STATED OLD APP DID MIRROR, NO VERSION #s WERE PROVIDED SO I CAN'T HELP YOU.

Tags (1)
Service Expert

adding... HD is super restricted in its transmission. All of the path from the 'player' to the 'displayer' has to handshake and keep the stream encrypted so no man-in-the-middle attack is possible to capture the video stream. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Discussion stats
  • 36 replies
  • 6 kudos
  • 4 in conversation