Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

nook and kindle access to tvgo

New Poster

nook and kindle access to tvgo

I have two kindles and a nook that I like to watch xfinity shows.  the past few days, I have not been able to access tvgo or xfinity.  i am connected to my comcast wifi, but my tvgo will not connect to it.  it's frustrating.  kindly advise what i need to do to have my nook and kindles hook up wth my wifi

Problem Solver

Re: nook and kindle access to tvgo

nwalsh601 wrote:

I have two kindles and a nook that I like to watch xfinity shows.  the past few days, I have not been able to access tvgo or xfinity.  i am connected to my comcast wifi, but my tvgo will not connect to it.  it's frustrating.  kindly advise what i need to do to have my nook and kindles hook up wth my wifi

Try a soft reset, that is, press and hold the power button for 20 seconds. Release, then press and hold the power button for 2 seconds to power it back on.

Official Employee

nwalsh601 wrote:

The TV Go app has been retired but you should be able to switch to the XFINITY TV app on your Kindle.  Most Kindle devices are supported but Nook is not.  If you do not see the XFINITY TV app in the Amazon Kindle app store, it likely means that your device does not meet the minimum system requirements.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

What are the minimum system requirements?

Gold Problem Solver

HDawn5 wrote: What are the minimum system requirements?

Please see https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-requirements/

Scroll down to "Amazon Device Requirements".

New Poster

I am awaiting a call from advanced technical support re Kindle Fire Hd not being able to download the new Infinity TV. Amazon told me the app is not available at this time which sounds like it's a contractual issue between the two companies.  Not cool.

Official Employee

Roselynn wrote:

I am awaiting a call from advanced technical support re Kindle Fire Hd not being able to download the new Infinity TV. Amazon told me the app is not available at this time which sounds like it's a contractual issue between the two companies.  Not cool.

I use the XFINITY TV app on my Kindle Fire HD 10 with no trouble. When apps are submitted to the Amazon Kindle app store, they get automatically approved for devices based on the hardware capabilities they offer. For example, the XFINITY TV app requires a device to have GPS available because certain channel rights are based on your physical location (e.g. Local broadcast stations from ABC and NBC which can be viewed outside the home in select markets). Basically, there's a review process that Amazon follows and that process returns a list of supported devices where the app can be made available. 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation