Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

no sound beta version on the comet channel

New Poster

no sound beta version on the comet channel

I'm using the xfinity roku beta version and get no sound on the comet channel, I don't know who to direct this feedbck to or wht to do about it

Official Employee

Re: no sound beta version on the comet channel

lorebuck wrote:

I'm using the xfinity roku beta version and get no sound on the comet channel, I don't know who to direct this feedbck to or wht to do about it

Thank you for the feedback. I'm assuming you get sound on other channels, correct? Do you mind giving me the channel number and your zip code?  You can private message me if you prefer.

I'd be curious if you have sound on this channel when watching on https://tv.xfinity.com or via the XFINITY TV mobile apps.  I suspect not since they are the same streams but it would help identity the source of the issue.

Thank you,,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

I don't get sound on a few channels.  Fox is one of them.  I tried messing around with a number of settings.  If I switch to Spanish during commercials, I got some sound.  I am not sure if this helps, but wanted to pass that along.  Any update on this?  That is a big issue.

New Poster

My zip code is 17112

Service Expert

wrote:

I don't get sound on a few channels.  Fox is one of them.  I tried messing around with a number of settings.  If I switch to Spanish during commercials, I got some sound.  I am not sure if this helps, but wanted to pass that along.  Any update on this?  That is a big issue.

pick a channel you don't get sound on. plug the HDMI cable directly into the TV. Turn the TV sound up. does it work now? if so, add back cables/equipment one at a time until sound fails and you will then know what device/cable/connector is causing the loss of audio. if at all possible take any use of toslink audio cables out (outmoted technology). 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation