Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

mlb extra innings stream

Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3

I am an X1 user and frequently use my mobile phone or laptop computer in my home to watch DVR recordings. I subscribe to MLB Extra Innings and all of a sudden I can't watch the baseball games I have recorded on the DVR on my phone or laptop. When I access the Xfinity website or the Xfinity Stream app, the recording of the baseball games doesn't even appear under my recordings. It does appear if I try to watch directly through my DVR on the tv. In fact, the MLB Extra Innings channels (771-779) don't even appear on the Guide if I access it through my phone or laptop. I really don't understand because as of two days ago I had been able to watch the recorded baseball games on both my phone and laptop. Can someone help?

2 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 2 of 3

I'm still hoping for some help with this- it's really a major problem for me. I can't use my TV at home to watch any programming so I use my laptop and phone to watch at home instead. I'm spending a lot of money to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings which I'm now effectively unable to use since I can't access any of the baseball games on my phone or laptop- whether I try to watch live or as a DVR recording.

Again- I'm trying to watch IN-HOME so there shouldn't be a problem- yet there is. All other DVR recordings show up on my phone and laptop as usual, no problem. Only the MLB games do not. PLEASE HELP!!!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 3 of 3

Dada2 wrote:

I'm still hoping for some help with this- it's really a major problem for me. I can't use my TV at home to watch any programming so I use my laptop and phone to watch at home instead. I'm spending a lot of money to subscribe to MLB Extra Innings which I'm now effectively unable to use since I can't access any of the baseball games on my phone or laptop- whether I try to watch live or as a DVR recording.

Again- I'm trying to watch IN-HOME so there shouldn't be a problem- yet there is. All other DVR recordings show up on my phone and laptop as usual, no problem. Only the MLB games do not. PLEASE HELP!!!

Sorry for the trouble. I checked your account and looked at your linear lineup (the live TV channels available to you). The MLB channels you mentioned 771+ are showing as "unavailable" as "IP Steams" (the type displayed in the app and recorded by the Cloud DVR). I did a refresh on your account but that didn't resolve it. 

Unfortunately, that's the extent of my abilities (I don't work in customer support - just help on here during my spare time). I suggest you call 800-XFINITY and have them open a support ticket.  Tell them that the "IP streams for these channels are not available in your channel lineup when looking at the X-Ray tool".  The agent should know what that means but, if not, ask to be escalated to tier 2 or higher support.  Again, very sorry and wish I could do more than just provide information.

-ComcastDan

PS - I think MLB is refundable within 30 days of the season start.  Or perhaps request a credit since this is an expensive package and you aren't able to take full advantage of it.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon