Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

iPad won't record entire episode of The Walking Dead.

Frequent Visitor

iPad won't record entire episode of The Walking Dead.

Bizarre.  Every other show I record, no problem.  When I set series recording for TWD, my iPad only records ten minutes.  However the entire episode is recorded on the tv.  It will record a later singular set episode, if I hit "record this episode only."   I guess I have to just do that every week. 

I tried deleting, reinstalling the app,  cancelling the series recording and resetting it, same result. It's only that show with the problem and it just started recently, in the past 2-3 weeks.  

New Poster

Re: iPad won't record entire episode of The Walking Dead.

Same here - only walking dead. Weird. Wish they would just saw it's not available to steam .
Contributor

Same for me too.  Using the Stream app on a Saumsung Android tablet.  Every week The Walking Dead records between 7-11 minutes when I transfer recordings to the app.  The DVR shows the whole recording.

Service Expert

Zordar wrote:

Same for me too.  Using the Stream app on a Saumsung Android tablet.  Every week The Walking Dead records between 7-11 minutes when I transfer recordings to the app.  The DVR shows the whole recording.

keep in mind that the cloud DVR does not get its recordings from your home DVR at all it is a separate recording server. The other thread about TWD noted the later did record. try moving priority of TWD to 1st position and set for recording 'repeats' since series finale just completed. It might be that you didn't have enough tuners at the recording time.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation