Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

how many devices can stream away from home

Posted by
Frequent Visitor
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 7

I have xfinity account (internet/phone/tv bundle) which includes Stream TV app. With the prior app, I was only allowed to install on 3 devices, any more than that, and I would have to unregister one device before another family member could use on another device (I'm talking about streaming away from home, not on home wifi/native router). I spent hours confirming this maximim of 3 with tech support. This is ridiculous for a family of 6, watching from many devices in home and away.

My question... how many devices can have the app installed/registered/ and watchable away from home? and can watch at the same time? - would LOVE it if this has been increased to more realistic number!

6 REPLIES
Posted by
Contributor

Message 2 of 7

Customers can stream their cable service to up to five devices simultaneously, and that includes Roku devices, mobile devices (iPads, tablets, phones), and computers.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 3 of 7

Thanks so much for that info... do you know if I can have the app installed/registered on say 10 devices, with a max of 5 viewing at a time? 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 4 of 7

You can have upto 45 devices registered on the account. 

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 5 of 7

Yay! Perfect - thank you

Posted by
Contributor

Message 6 of 7

No problem. I lost track of how many devices I've registered. Haven't hit the limit yet.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 7 of 7

klsanderson wrote:

I have xfinity account (internet/phone/tv bundle) which includes Stream TV app. With the prior app, I was only allowed to install on 3 devices, any more than that, and I would have to unregister one device before another family member could use on another device (I'm talking about streaming away from home, not on home wifi/native router). I spent hours confirming this maximim of 3 with tech support. This is ridiculous for a family of 6, watching from many devices in home and away.

My question... how many devices can have the app installed/registered/ and watchable away from home? and can watch at the same time? - would LOVE it if this has been increased to more realistic number!

You can have the app installed on any number of devices (there's a limit but it is high).  There are concurrency limits on streaming due to contractual restrictions from programmers.  At any point you can go into the settings within the app (looks like a gear icon) and click "Manage devices" to see how many devices you have with downloaded content (limited to 5 devices with 10 downloads on each) and how many are currently streaming.  Note the difference below regarding in-home versus "TV Go" streaming (over the Internet or away from home).

See more in the FAQ:  https://www.xfinity.com/support/cable-tv/live-tv-streaming/

How many devices can stream live TV and/or XFINITY On Demand content simultaneously?

With XFINITY TV service, and the XFINITY Stream app and portal, most customers can stream video to up to five devices simultaneously while in the home. Out of the home or over the Internet, customers can stream up to three devices simultaneously. Please note, certain XFINITY TV packages limit the number of simultaneous streams to two.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon