Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

computer to tv

New Poster

computer to tv

how do i connect my computer back to my tv so i could just set a movie from on damand and put it on my televison

Service Expert

Re: computer to tv

b121 wrote:

how do i connect my computer back to my tv so i could just set a movie from on damand and put it on my televison

using a desk/laptop and a chromecast 'dongle' you can use the chrome browser to chromecast your screen to the TV (with the sound). Be sure to maximize the screen on the desk/laptop. to do something else on the pc you can use att+tab to get to other windows.

If you have certain models of samsung or LG televisions you can play some 4k content using an app on the TV itself.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: computer to tv

Purchasing another piece of equipment is not an answer.  Capabilities were removed, and there is no clear reason why.  

People want to change their Current Channel/DVR from their computer, without using their phone. It is very simple.  I used it fairly frequently and it worked great. Now, I can watch shows on my computer, but that isn't what we were looking for.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation