online now

discussions

cannot stream get error 11700

New Poster

cannot stream get error 11700

keep getting error 11700 when trying to connect to xfinity stream

Problem Solver

Re: cannot stream get error 11700

Please consider NOT clearing cookies/cache whenever you exit your browser, as that’s where the device provisioning information is stored. Clearing on exit causes a new device to be added to your account every time, which eventually leads to this error. I can clear all the devices from your account, after which you will need to re-log in to any device you still want to use. Give me a few minutes to log in and start the purge.

LHC

Community Icon
I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee, and I no longer actively support the forum.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Retired Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
Retired Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

seem to have the same problem can you fix?

Is there a way that the coustomer can do this on his own?

Service Expert

digitalTVseeker wrote:

seem to have the same problem can you fix?

Is there a way that the coustomer can do this on his own?

are you using a desk/laptop to view xfinity streaming website? If so it is important that you don't just close the window but stop the video using the menu and then back out of the channel/episode recording information etc. before you close the web page. I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread or via Private Message from a Comcast Official Employee. The Comcast Employee can veriify you via Private Message then remove (deprovision) all your streaming devices to open slots for you to use again.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Official Employee

Hi digitalTVseeker,

Sorry for the late reply. I'd be more than happy to investigate the issues you're having while streaming. Are you still receiving error code 11700? 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

I cannot believe Comcast has such archaic software that displays this 11700 error and does not clear its device queue or recognize someone signing back on. What is the purpose of a sign on, password and naming a device if the software is going to keep adding a new device everytime someone's cookies are removed. Good software would only add a new device when there is a unique new name, password and different device name. I have to repeatedly call and non of the support staff have any idea and keep asking the same inane generic questions over and over again blaming something on my side is wrong. I could tell you laughers as to some of the reasons given why I can't sign on to stream.

Service Expert

wrote:

I cannot believe Comcast has such archaic software that displays this 11700 error and does not clear its device queue or recognize someone signing back on. What is the purpose of a sign on, password and naming a device if the software is going to keep adding a new device everytime someone's cookies are removed. Good software would only add a new device when there is a unique new name, password and different device name. I have to repeatedly call and non of the support staff have any idea and keep asking the same inane generic questions over and over again blaming something on my side is wrong. I could tell you laughers as to some of the reasons given why I can't sign on to stream.

because there is a limit to number of streaming devices allowed on our accounts. this issue usually happens, it is because the stream site is used and window closed before exiting completely from the app. The same computer could use up all the slots in this manner.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation