Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

android box hooked up to projector for movies no allowed to stream via xfinity stream app???

New Poster

android box hooked up to projector for movies no allowed to stream via xfinity stream app???

currently have a andriod box with xfinity stream app on it and for some reason it thinks my projector connected to it is a mirrored device or something else and wants me to disconect it to play..Smiley Wink not sure how to do that being as it is my tv??? is there a fix for this or are your tech guys just plain stupid when it comes to people and there home devices they use to play movies on..Smiley Happy am not mirroring nor casting nor anyhting like that just trying to play a movie on my theater.........

Service Expert

Re: android box hooked up to projector for movies no allowed to stream via xfinity stream app???

eclypes2008 wrote:

currently have a andriod box with xfinity stream app on it and for some reason it thinks my projector connected to it is a mirrored device or something else and wants me to disconect it to play..Smiley Wink not sure how to do that being as it is my tv??? is there a fix for this or are your tech guys just plain stupid when it comes to people and there home devices they use to play movies on..Smiley Happy am not mirroring nor casting nor anyhting like that just trying to play a movie on my theater.........

devices hooked up to a TV require a payment to Comcast (outlet charge). The Roku Beta is currently free and it attached to a TV. A desk/laptop can be connected to a TV via HDMI and play the stream website treating the TV as a monitor. 

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation