members

online now

discussions

Xfinity wifi

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2
I cannot use Xfinity Wifi on my phone to watch a show view my account or anything. Tried to setup direct pay etc on my phone and couldn't .
1 REPLY
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 2 of 2

chavileigh55 wrote:
I cannot use Xfinity Wifi on my phone to watch a show view my account or anything. Tried to setup direct pay etc on my phone and couldn't .

hi, your mobile device connects to a 'named' (SSID) wifi signal. Have you checked to see the name of the SSID that your device is currently attached?

you can load/run the Xfinity My Account app on any service even your cell provider data. on that app, you can verify that your actual modem/gateway is listed on the internet tab (the model will show and the devices MAC address will be listed. If no modem is listed you will need to call 800-Comcast and select billing and ask that your modem/device be 'attached' in billing to an outlet (that will activate the in home use of wifi detection.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon