New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity tv app

New Poster

Xfinity tv app

Hello,

I tried to cancel a download of one of my recorded shows onto my phone. It would not stop, and I was not on wi-fi. I force stopped the app. When I turned it back on, the download continued even after multiple attempts to cancel. I uninstalled the app and re installed it. The shows that were already downloaded to my phone will not play on my phone, nor my tv. The error says it is streaming on another device, when I try to delete it from my phone. When I try to delete it on my tv, it says it is downloaded to my phone. I cannot return these shows. How do I fix this?
I have an LG g5 running marshmellow.
Service Expert

Re: Xfinity tv app

Fizzycrow02 wrote:
Hello,

I tried to cancel a download of one of my recorded shows onto my phone. It would not stop, and I was not on wi-fi. I force stopped the app. When I turned it back on, the download continued even after multiple attempts to cancel. I uninstalled the app and re installed it. The shows that were already downloaded to my phone will not play on my phone, nor my tv. The error says it is streaming on another device, when I try to delete it from my phone. When I try to delete it on my tv, it says it is downloaded to my phone. I cannot return these shows. How do I fix this?
I have an LG g5 running marshmellow.

on your android device, run the xfinity TV app. press the menu icon (stack of papers) and scroll down to the gear(settings) and select. Scroll to "manage devices' and select. from there you should be able to return downloads. What options do you see for the 'devices streaming' on same page?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation