New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity stream app

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 1 of 2

Trying to use Xfinity stream app with my IDU and password on a friend minipad. It won't let me sign in. Get message to d/l app or provide a code. So much for using this app anytime anywhere. Would appreciate input to solve this. By the way,the app was d/l on the minipad.

1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

Rkdouglas wrote:

Trying to use Xfinity stream app with my IDU and password on a friend minipad. It won't let me sign in. Get message to d/l app or provide a code. So much for using this app anytime anywhere. Would appreciate input to solve this. By the way,the app was d/l on the minipad.

If you have an app called "TV Go" on your device, delete it - it is no longer supported.  The app you want is called "XFINITY Stream" and you can find it in the App Store or on Google Play. See the system requirements: https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-app-requirements/

If you are on iOS versions older than 9, you won't be able to install or use the app.

On the mobile device, open the app directly (look for the app icon that says "Stream TV"). Don't try to go to tv.xfinity.com in the browser - you will be blocked and asked to download the app.

What do you mean you are being asked to provide a code? You should get prompted in the app to enter your username and password. If you don't have one, there will be links to create one or recover your existing one.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon