Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity stream app not showing all recordings?

New Poster

Xfinity stream app not showing all recordings?

My app isn’t showing all the recordings that are available on my DVR. It has several of the shows I have recorded, but not all of them. It’s also missing all of the movies I have recorded. I can see them all on my TV DVR, but not on the app.
Tags (2)
Service Expert

Re: Xfinity stream app not showing all recordings?

kwatkins96 wrote:
My app isn’t showing all the recordings that are available on my DVR. It has several of the shows I have recorded, but not all of them. It’s also missing all of the movies I have recorded. I can see them all on my TV DVR, but not on the app.

the home DVR has more capacity than the cloud DVR (app uses cloud DVR). Cloud DVR is limited to the latest 60 hours or so of recordings. Are you looking for shows farther in the past? also, cloud DVR won't let you watch a recording until it has finished recording if you are outside of your home or not on your home network's wifi.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

New Poster

Yes I am trying to access a movie I recorded a while ago. The app is only showing the 30 most recent TV shows I have recorded but nothing else. Is there any way to get the movie to show up on the app even though it was recorded a while ago?
Bronze Problem Solver

kwatkins96 wrote:
Yes I am trying to access a movie I recorded a while ago. The app is only showing the 30 most recent TV shows I have recorded but nothing else. Is there any way to get the movie to show up on the app even though it was recorded a while ago?

Nope, theres no way to force a recording to the cloud dvr

New Poster

Hello
When I️ record something from my iPhone I️ can’t see it on my iPad or on the TV. The app on my iPhone has all the recordings there. The storage on my phone is at 63%, the storage on my TV is at 35%. So I️ do have space to record. When I️ record something on my iPad I️ can’t see it on my iPhone. I’ve spoken with tier one support and everyone keeps on telling me to do the same thing. Any help will be appreciate. Thanks
Service Expert

CeCe968 wrote:
Hello
When I️ record something from my iPhone I️ can’t see it on my iPad or on the TV. The app on my iPhone has all the recordings there. The storage on my phone is at 63%, the storage on my TV is at 35%. So I️ do have space to record. When I️ record something on my iPad I️ can’t see it on my iPhone. I’ve spoken with tier one support and everyone keeps on telling me to do the same thing. Any help will be appreciate. Thanks

the cloud DVR is what is viewed on your mobile devices. use the app's menu (hamburger/stack-of-paper) icon to find the gear (settings) menu. select "Sign out" at the bottom and then sign back in. After you do that on both devices they should then agree. The size of the cloud DVR is in hours (maximum of 60 where oldest is replaced by newest as needed) and the home DVR is in actual space left on the DVR(s) in the home. The percentages are measuring different things and that is normal.

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

Thanks. I tired that plus more and it is not working. It was working fine last week. 

Service Expert

CeCe968 wrote:

Thanks. I tired that plus more and it is not working. It was working fine last week. 

I'm sorry that didn't work for you. Call 800-Comcast, select billing and ask the representative to perform a deep background account refresh (will take up to an hour to complete. At the end of the hour you can force close (exit) the app and log back in and it should be working for you.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Contributor

This would be a tremendous feature to add older saved DVR recordings back to my cloud stream. I mean it's still on the DVR so it should all be local, n'est pas?

Thanks, Peter

Service Expert

sduraybito2 wrote:

This would be a tremendous feature to add older saved DVR recordings back to my cloud stream. I mean it's still on the DVR so it should all be local, n'est pas?

Thanks, Peter

hi, the Xfinity Stream TV app is not able to connect to your home DVR recordings. The Stream app access your cloud DVR which holds approximately the last 60 hours recorded.

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

New Poster

I understand there may be a 60 hour limit.  But I have been watching when video fall off the cloud DVR and there is appearantly a 30 day window.  At least this is how it has been working for me over the last couple of months.

Service Expert

Cesaw wrote:

I understand there may be a 60 hour limit.  But I have been watching when video fall off the cloud DVR and there is appearantly a 30 day window.  At least this is how it has been working for me over the last couple of months.

the scheduler-in-the-cloud removes older cloud DVR programs as space is needed to record upcoming scheduled recordings. 

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon

Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation