Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

5,872,270

members

842

online

28,746

topics

Top

Xfinity app won’t play On Demand episodes

New Poster

Xfinity app won’t play On Demand episodes

My app will play live tv and shows I’ve recorded just fine on my iPad. But when I choose an episode from On Demand, it just spins (3 dots under the channel logo) over and over, and the episode won’t play. 

 

Has as anyone else experienced this? What’s going on??

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity app won’t play On Demand episodes


@cahart01 wrote:

My app will play live tv and shows I’ve recorded just fine on my iPad. But when I choose an episode from On Demand, it just spins (3 dots under the channel logo) over and over, and the episode won’t play. 

 

Has as anyone else experienced this? What’s going on??


standard fix (#1) to try is to run the app, log out of the app, log back in to the app. did that fix it?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Xfinity app won’t play On Demand episodes

I’m having the same issue. Logging out and back in didn’t resolve it, neither did deleting and redownloading the app. For me, the issue seems to happen after I’m able to successfully watch one episode from a series, then playing another one won’t work, but I am able to watch the first episode from a new series without any issues. The episodes that are an issue on my iPad work on the tv just fine.

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity app won’t play On Demand episodes


@Kristen05 wrote:

I’m having the same issue. Logging out and back in didn’t resolve it, neither did deleting and redownloading the app. For me, the issue seems to happen after I’m able to successfully watch one episode from a series, then playing another one won’t work, but I am able to watch the first episode from a new series without any issues. The episodes that are an issue on my iPad work on the tv just fine.


is this an apple or android device? do you get an error message and error number? 




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Xfinity app won’t play On Demand episodes

It’s happening on 2 different iPads and an iPhone. I also tried restarting my modem and router based on a suggestion in a different forum, that didn’t work either. No error messages or numbers, just clocks.

Highlighted
Service Expert

Re: Xfinity app won’t play On Demand episodes


@Kristen05 wrote:

It’s happening on 2 different iPads and an iPhone. I also tried restarting my modem and router based on a suggestion in a different forum, that didn’t work either. No error messages or numbers, just clocks.


try two separate things please. one try to watch on cell data (a minute or so). works? try logging off the app (gear menu) and then log back in. either fixed issue?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Xfinity app won’t play On Demand episodes

It works when I disable WiFi and use cellular on my phone!! But I don’t have cellular on the iPads...thoughts?

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity app won’t play On Demand episodes


@Kristen05 wrote:

It works when I disable WiFi and use cellular on my phone!! But I don’t have cellular on the iPads...thoughts?


do you have your own gateway/router? or use a rental?




Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 229 views
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation