Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfinity app for Samsung

Contributor

Xfinity app for Samsung

I have been following the post of when the app would be on roku. I have a 2016 samsung and heard that an xfinity app would be released on samsung as well I was wondering when this will happen? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity app for Samsung

Lonniew wrote:

Thanks Georgiahack. 

Yes that is what I'm asking. It was stated in the April press release that the Xfinity app would come out ( later this year) not only for the Roku but also for all 2016 model Samsung TVs. In fact that played a huge influence on why I purchased a new Samsung and like Roku users I am still waiting. I saw the Xfinity 4k sampler app but that's not the app in the press release..so I was just asking for any info on the release of the Samsung app because I am assuming ? That it will be the same as the one for the Roku but my have to be made different for Samsung as opposed to how they would make it for the Roku ( I'm not a technician) so any info on a date would be appreciated..thanks..

The Roku app is separate from the Samsung app (i.e. they are written in different programming languages). The Samsung app will be released in 2017. I can't give you a specific date but it is in active development by the engineering teams. The Roku app will be released in 2016.

All Replies
Official Employee

New Poster

ComcastAndrew wrote:
It's been available for quite awhile

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/uhd-smart-tv

That is not even close to what he means.  

Contributor

Thanks Georgiahack. 

Yes that is what I'm asking. It was stated in the April press release that the Xfinity app would come out ( later this year) not only for the Roku but also for all 2016 model Samsung TVs. In fact that played a huge influence on why I purchased a new Samsung and like Roku users I am still waiting. I saw the Xfinity 4k sampler app but that's not the app in the press release..so I was just asking for any info on the release of the Samsung app because I am assuming ? That it will be the same as the one for the Roku but my have to be made different for Samsung as opposed to how they would make it for the Roku ( I'm not a technician) so any info on a date would be appreciated..thanks..

Official Employee

Lonniew wrote:

Thanks Georgiahack. 

The Roku app is separate from the Samsung app (i.e. they are written in different programming languages). The Samsung app will be released in 2017. I can't give you a specific date but it is in active development by the engineering teams. The Roku app will be released in 2016.

Contributor

Thanks Dan Much appreciated. Guess I am still good to go than because I have a roku .Great to hear that app will be released before the end of the year!