Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Wifi Android App - repeated auth failures and sign in again

Contributor

Xfinity Wifi Android App - repeated auth failures and sign in again

I have the Xfinity Wifi app on a Sony ZL, with the aim to connecting (only) to the encrypted Xfinity SSID's, not the clear xfinity ones that do not require it.

I rarely am in range, as there are no such near my house, but most of the times when I am near businesses which have it, it fails.  It says "Authentication failure" and then requires that I log in again.  I do -- always the same user/password, and it is always accepted.  Afterwards, it never seems to connect, as though there are none in range (even though it shows several on the maps).

Then a day or few days later it does the same thing again, and it all happens again.

It never refuses to log me in when I enter my user/password, it accepts them.  It is after sitting a few days it complains.  The complaint invariably comes when I get near a hotspot and appears as an alert on the lock screen; it does not require me to go into the app.  In fact I have yet to see anything I can actually DO from within the app other than browse the maps; I assume it's supposed to interact with the wifi manager and automatically connect. 

Does this work reliably for anyone (on Android)?  

Is there a trick or setting to make it remember the credentials? 

I have internet only from Comcast by the way.  And again -- I'm using the same credentials each time they are accepted -- this is not a case of them changing out from under the app. 

Cable Expert

Re: Xfinity Wifi Android App - repeated auth failures and sign in again

Go to https://customer.xfinity.com/Secure/WiFiDevices and review your device list of remembered devices that have connected to xfinitywifi.  Remove old devices, or all of then and start fresh.  

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation