Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV remote app does not control my new Cisco RNG150N cable box

New Poster

Xfinity TV remote app does not control my new Cisco RNG150N cable box

I upgraded my cable box to the Cisco RNG150N from an SA Explorer box today and now the Xfinity TV remote app does nothing when I select Watch on TV for TV1 (replaced cable box).  The app worked from my iPhone with the old Scientific Atlanta cable box.  Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Problem Solver

Re: Xfinity TV remote app does not control my new Cisco RNG150N cable box

I assume they gave you a new remote with the cable-box. You will need to enter the code for your tv to use the cable remote.

If you kept the old remote, it will not work on the Cisco RGN150N.

New Poster

The handheld remote control that came with the cable box works fine. It's the XFINITY TV remote app on my iPhone that no longer works since changing the cable box.
Service Expert

hicksdc wrote:
The handheld remote control that came with the cable box works fine. It's the XFINITY TV remote app on my iPhone that no longer works since changing the cable box.

step by step test/fix. load the Xfinity My Account app. Select the TV tab. You should see a line of detail for each set top box in your home. Locate the line that you believe is the name of the set top box location you wish to control with the Xfinity TV Remote App. select "send text to TV" and send text. does it appear on that TV's screen?

If not check the other entries. Sometimes old 'names' that were recently replaced take a week or so to be removed from your account. Once you have the text working, note the name of the box in the my account app, and return to the Xfinity My Remote app. select settings, the Default TV (one currently being controlled) is listed. To change default TV press the current 'name' and re-select the one you identified using the My Account app. 

you can then test by going to recordings and pressing the play on TV button.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Tonight, the XFINITY remote app changed the channel without doing anything different. Maybe, it took 24 hours for the box swap to update for the app. Just a guess.
Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation