Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV not coming to Fire TV?

Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 14

That's a shame because Roku and Fire TV are the two most popular streaming devices.

13 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 2 of 14

Has this been confirmed? The app is available for all Kindle devices, so why not the Fire Stick? The Fire Stick is undoubtedly the most popular streaming device. Say it ain't so someone from Comcast... EVERY other streaming service available to date has an app for EVERY streaming device. You're struggling with one platform as we speak...

Posted by
Contributor

Message 3 of 14

Any news on official support for the Amazon Fire TV?

It has plenty of beefy specs for this and just needs devleoper support from Comcast.  The app is on the Amazon store for all Android devices except for Fire TV / Fire Stick

Any updates?

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 4 of 14

When you think about it, Xfinity wants to keep those hefty device rental fees, which amount to about $30 with HD,DVR,1 extra outlet. Looks like they locked out Casting too plus losing lots of channels if you travel.  I think the product is working as designed. Good for Comcast bad for customers.  Vue/etc looking better all the time. 

Posted by
Contributor

Message 5 of 14
It appears that Comcast is only working on an app for Roku. Doesn't seem like they are interested in making a Fire OS, Android TV, or TV OS version of the app. Since they already have Android and IOS versions of the app making apps compatible with FireTV, Android TV or Apple TV boxes would be a lot less work than had to be put into making the Roku app. More than likely Amazon, Google( or the various Android TV device manufacturers), and Apple would have come to an agreement with Comcast for Comcast to have any incentive to make apps that work on their devices.

So looks like Roku will be the only option for those Comcast customers who want a TV optimized app as a cable box replacement.
Posted by
Contributor

Message 6 of 14

Dont agree with the hefty fees comment as Comcas tis working with Roku ) as mentioned earlier in this thread) and Samsung Smart TV.

I think Amazon will get there and other devices (iPhones/iPads and other Android devices have this already)   just need to get Comcast to focus on this as they see more and more users wanting this

The reason I dont agree with the heft fees is summarized in this article (Note this article mentions Roku but they left out Samsung Smart TV initative too)  Comcast gets their money from the Video fee service.  The equipment they dont make that much on.  They would rather get peep on x amount a month on the Video service (not caring about the device they use to access this as they make pure profit off the monthly video service).  But dont get me wrong thet will still cater too the equipment market too for the traditional TV service.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/comcast-is-about-to-sell-you-cable-tv-without-the-cable-box...

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-launches-xfinity-tv-partner-program-...

I think Amazon will get there just need time and user community votes Smiley Happy

Posted by
Visitor

Message 7 of 14

How do we vote? How do we get Comcast/Xfinity to realize that their customers want to have a free app to watch the service they already pay for on ALL the popular streaming platforms, e.g., Amazon Fire TV/stick, Apple TV, Android TV, etc.? Once Hulu Live TV arrives Comcast/Xfinity will start losing customers and that is going to happen real soon. I have been a Comcast customer for many years and I find it a really bad move for them to not provide this service to their paying customers for ALL platforms and not just Roku. 

Sincerely,

Bruce P.

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 8 of 14

I applaud this comment - i pay $270 a month to comcast .  its time someting changes

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 9 of 14

pcpursuits wrote:

How do we vote? How do we get Comcast/Xfinity to realize that their customers want to have a free app to watch the service they already pay for on ALL the popular streaming platforms, e.g., Amazon Fire TV/stick, Apple TV, Android TV, etc.? Once Hulu Live TV arrives Comcast/Xfinity will start losing customers and that is going to happen real soon. I have been a Comcast customer for many years and I find it a really bad move for them to not provide this service to their paying customers for ALL platforms and not just Roku. 

Sincerely,

Bruce P.

Thank you for your feedback. I agree and will share it with the team.

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 10 of 14

Thats crazy $270 is a new car payment

Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 11 of 14

i agree - should be a 7 play - instead of just a triple play -  i need to serioulsy look at my options

Posted by
Visitor

Message 12 of 14

What options will we have for watching TV via wireless, so that it looks and feels like it is connected.  DirecTV has had this for years.  You are way behind the curve.  

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 13 of 14

breszfr wrote:

What options will we have for watching TV via wireless, so that it looks and feels like it is connected.  DirecTV has had this for years.  You are way behind the curve.  

Search this forum for Roku Beta program. Else use an iphone, android phone, iPad, android tablet and enjoy the full set top box experience in the home. You can also use any desk/laptop that can run modern browsers with flash for example safari, IE, Firefox, Chrome. New set top box model xi5 is also a wireless companion and is available in some areas already (in national rollout).

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 14 of 14

Add me to the list voting for Xfinity Stream on Fire TV Stick. I need this to watch at my lake cabin.

Thanks