Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV apps not displaying recent recordings

Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV apps not displaying recent recordings

For the last several days recent recordings are not appearing when I go into tv.xfinity.com or via the app. I can see recordings up to last Friday, but even the old recordings are inaccurate....for example only 4 episodes of a show are appearing as recorded when there are actually more than that on the DVR.

We've attempted restarting the box, refreshing the system, syncing the DVR, etc. with no results.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Contributor

Re: Xfinity TV apps not displaying recent recordings

toto426 wrote:

For the last several days recent recordings are not appearing when I go into tv.xfinity.com or via the app. I can see recordings up to last Friday, but even the old recordings are inaccurate....for example only 4 episodes of a show are appearing as recorded when there are actually more than that on the DVR.

We've attempted restarting the box, refreshing the system, syncing the DVR, etc. with no results.

Any advice would be appreciated.

There is less space in the Cloud than on the DVR so old recordings tend to get deleted. But if you aren't seeing new recordings, try scheduling something via the app (maybe something airing soon) to see if that gets recorded.

I had the same thing happen when I moved and needed to fiddle with the recording options or schedule them again via the app to get them working again. Give it a try.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Xfinity TV apps not displaying recent recordings

Thanks for the reply. I didn't know the details about the cloud DVR that you shared with me. I thought it simply mirrored content that was stored on my home DVR. I work in IT, but it's healthcare IT so this is out of my element haha.

That being said, what's strange is that old recordings are popping up on the cloud DVR that were watched/deleted months ago. For example, 11 episodes of The Walking Dead recorded in May are now showing up in the cloud DVR. Those were watched/deleted ages ago.

Also, I deleted 7 recordings & space didn't seem to update....it is showing 100% full even after deleting those recordings.

I'll play around with it some more & see if I can get something to happen.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation