New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV app

ANSWERED
New Poster

Xfinity TV app

Why can't I use my Xfinity TV app when I am not at home.  I am at an Xfinity Hotspot but cannot use the app.

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity TV app

What do you mean by you can't use the Xfinity TV app when not home?  Do you get any error message?  Does the app crash? Does it just hang?  Please be more specific so someone might be able to help you.  What device are you using the app on?

mkowaliw wrote:

Why can't I use my Xfinity TV app when I am not at home.  I am at an Xfinity Hotspot but cannot use the app.

View answer in context
Problem Solver

What do you mean by you can't use the Xfinity TV app when not home?  Do you get any error message?  Does the app crash? Does it just hang?  Please be more specific so someone might be able to help you.  What device are you using the app on?

mkowaliw wrote:

New Poster

I get the message that I am not in my home network and it will not access any channels. It just gives me the listing. 

New Poster

I am using my smartphone.  

Problem Solver

That is by design.  You cannot watch live TV when out of your home network.  You can watch recorded shows though.

mkowaliw wrote:

I get the message that I am not in my home network and it will not access any channels. It just gives me the listing. 

New Poster

As an Xfinity subscriber, I feel that when ever I go to an Xfinity Hotspot, I should be able to access all of the benefits of my account. 

Regular Visitor

I cannot either as they have no app for me!

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation