Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV app.. cant watch dvr recordings

ANSWERED
New Poster

Xfinity TV app.. cant watch dvr recordings

There is no option to watch my dvr recordings on my Xfinity app.. It only has 3 options under the Saved tab - For You, Purchases, and Downloads.. The option to select Recordings or Scheduled, is not there at all.. Its like this on all my devices - two cell phones and a Kindle Fire tablet.. Why cant I watch my dvr on the app.. I have an X1 dvr box.. Any input would be greatly appreciated.. I live in Delaware, about 30 mins from Philly..
P.S. im not a computer programmer, but i am a gamer n love my tech, so i am fairly knowledgeable n educated about my devices n computers n have tried most simple things like re-installing the app n rebooting my cable box, etc..
Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity TV app.. cant watch dvr recordings

infamous013 wrote:
There is no option to watch my dvr recordings on my Xfinity app.. It only has 3 options under the Saved tab - For You, Purchases, and Downloads.. The option to select Recordings or Scheduled, is not there at all.. Its like this on all my devices - two cell phones and a Kindle Fire tablet.. Why cant I watch my dvr on the app.. I have an X1 dvr box.. Any input would be greatly appreciated.. I live in Delaware, about 30 mins from Philly..
P.S. im not a computer programmer, but i am a gamer n love my tech, so i am fairly knowledgeable n educated about my devices n computers n have tried most simple things like re-installing the app n rebooting my cable box, etc..

Hi Infamous,

Please give us a call at 800-XFINITY and ask to have the "Cloud DVR rate codes" added to your account. Once that is done and updated in various internal systems, new recordings will be made in the Cloud in addition to those on your physical DVR.  Cloud DVR holds up to 60 hours of recordings. 

You may have to sign into the app again for the new menu items to appear. Enjoy!

-ComcastDan

View answer in context
Official Employee

infamous013 wrote:

Hi Infamous,

Please give us a call at 800-XFINITY and ask to have the "Cloud DVR rate codes" added to your account. Once that is done and updated in various internal systems, new recordings will be made in the Cloud in addition to those on your physical DVR.  Cloud DVR holds up to 60 hours of recordings. 

You may have to sign into the app again for the new menu items to appear. Enjoy!

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

After 30 mins n 3 techs, its hard to find sombody who knows how to do more than read off their screen whenever i call lol, i found somebody who knew what you were talking about n that fixed it.. Thanks alot! Did quite a bit of googling without finding a real solution..
Service Expert

Solved Topic now Closed.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Official Employee

infamous013 wrote:
After 30 mins n 3 techs, its hard to find sombody who knows how to do more than read off their screen whenever i call lol, i found somebody who knew what you were talking about n that fixed it.. Thanks alot! Did quite a bit of googling without finding a real solution..

Sorry for the hassle but glad someone finally got you hooked up. Here are some other FAQs on Cloud DVR if you are interested:

https://customer.xfinity.com/help-and-support/cable-tv/x1-dvr-cloud-technology-general-faqs/

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Forums Tips and Tricks:
Tagging Posts... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation