Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV Stream App Resolution terrible.

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 3
I am using the new TV Stream App for the first time, and I am trying to watch a show I had recorded via my DVR at home. Everything works fine, but when I am trying to watch the aforementioned DVR'd show, the screen resolution on my Android phone is very blurry and choppy and looks to be about 360p if I had to throw out a guess. Isn't there some kind of way to increase the video resolution so I can watch my recorded show the way it's meant to be watched and not like a cheap, low-res YouTube clip?

Thank you for your help and any feedback is very much appreciated.

- cwatt302
2 REPLIES
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 3

cwatt302 wrote:
I am using the new TV Stream App for the first time, and I am trying to watch a show I had recorded via my DVR at home. Everything works fine, but when I am trying to watch the aforementioned DVR'd show, the screen resolution on my Android phone is very blurry and choppy and looks to be about 360p if I had to throw out a guess. Isn't there some kind of way to increase the video resolution so I can watch my recorded show the way it's meant to be watched and not like a cheap, low-res YouTube clip?

Thank you for your help and any feedback is very much appreciated.

- cwatt302

Sorry you're seeing low resolution. Can you run a speed test. The Cloud DVR recordings adapt to your device's connection speed and should look near perfect over a solid connection. If not, please try a different recording to see if the recording itself is bad/corrupted. 

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.

Message 3 of 3
Sorry if this isn't the right string to post this, but was the closest to the issue I've noticed. Resolution is great when watching streaming on demand or dvr shows.
I've noticed when I download to my device resolution seems to be lower. Is there away to maintain 1080 res with downloaded content?