Xfinity plant
Xfinity globe
Community Forum

Xfinity TV App

New Poster

Xfinity TV App

Hey I been having this problem with the xfinity tv app and certain episodes of a show, it requires to be in the home wifi to watch it and I know for sure I am connected to my home wifi. So I went on my computer which is connected to the router with an ethernet cable and it still doesn't work. My other question is does using you're own router cause this problem and does anyone else have this problem?

If there is any solution please comment below.

Expert

Re: Xfinity TV App

HanhN wrote:

Hey I been having this problem with the xfinity tv app and certain episodes of a show, it requires to be in the home wifi to watch it and I know for sure I am connected to my home wifi. So I went on my computer which is connected to the router with an ethernet cable and it still doesn't work. My other question is does using you're own router cause this problem and does anyone else have this problem?

If there is any solution please comment below.

some of the producers and networks have restrictions. If you record the show you can play it back while out of the home after it finishes recording the show.

New Poster

I'm not trying to watch it out of my home. The problem I am having is that the xfinity tv app is not letting me watch certain episodes that requires you to be on you're home wifi but I am.

Problem Solver

It shouldn't matter if using your own modem or a Comcast supplied gateway. However, if Comcast has the wrong information for your modem (MAC id, serial number), you can have issues.  Check your account to see if your modem is listed with the correct information.  Strange thing is you say it is only certain episodes, but not all.

And the message about being on Wifi is just Comcast laziness. It doesn't matter if it is Wifi or hardwired ethernet.