New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV App

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Xfinity TV App

Wanted to see if anyone could help me out! New to X1, I tried to put the Xfinity TV app on my Amazon Fire HD to watch local news channels when my spouse is watching something on TV. I was surprised to see that only the Xfinity TO GO app was listed in the APP store for Amazon Fire HD. I called Comcast tech support was told issue is with Amazon. I then called their customer service dept. and they were not even aware of this issue. The Rep. checked while on the phone with me and found the same thing even though this app is available on Google Play and ITunes.

She told me she was sending a message to her tech support folks, but I haven't heard from anyone.

Thanks for your help!

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity TV App

For those of us that have Amazon Fire tablets(Kindle's) I finally got some info yesterday from an X1 Tech person as to why the Xfinity TV App is not available in the Amazon App Store - it's not compatible! According to this tech person, this App is only for Apple and android products! The Xfinity connect and On the Go Apps are compatible for Amazon products according to this person. So if you want to be able to watch any local channels on your device don't buy an Amazon tablet!

View answer in context
Problem Solver

That is the problem with buying an Amazon tablet. You don't have access to the entire Google Play Store, but are stuck with the Amazon Apps Store (or whatever it is called).  Who knows the reason why the Xfinity TV app doesn't exist in the Amazon store, but most of the blame could (and should be) placed on Amazon, not Comcast.

Now if you are not technically challenged, you might be able to sideload the Xfinity TV app onto your tablet. I'm not going to go into specifics, but you could do a Google search for "sideload apps kindle fire".  This might help. No guarantees though since I don't have an Amazon tablet to try it on.

If you just purchased the Amazon tablet, you could always return it and get a purer Android tablet. You could also try watching the shows you want on the XTV web portal (https://xtv.comcast.net) using a PC/laptop.

Frequent Visitor

Thanks for your reply! Amazon tablet is 6 months old. I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks again!

Frequent Visitor

For those of us that have Amazon Fire tablets(Kindle's) I finally got some info yesterday from an X1 Tech person as to why the Xfinity TV App is not available in the Amazon App Store - it's not compatible! According to this tech person, this App is only for Apple and android products! The Xfinity connect and On the Go Apps are compatible for Amazon products according to this person. So if you want to be able to watch any local channels on your device don't buy an Amazon tablet!

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation