Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity TV App not properly downloading recordings from cloud on iPad operation iOS 10.2

Contributor

Xfinity TV App not properly downloading recordings from cloud on iPad operation iOS 10.2

I have been having consitent problems trying to view Xfinity DVR recording in the cloud on my iPad using iOS 10.2 and the Xfinity TV app (version 3.11.0.721)

I can set the recording either from my TV or from my iPad and they happen as scheduled.   If I watch the recordings on the TV, they work perfectly.

But if I try and download them to my iPad and watch them "off line" the downloaded recording are extremely choppy.  They will skip ahead (sometime 15+ mins), they will reset to the beginning after playing for a few miniutes, and some just don't play at all.

I have reset the iPad, I have deleted and reinstalled the Xfinity TV app - nothing seems to fix the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tim 

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity TV App not properly downloading recordings from cloud on iPad operation iOS 10.2

ust82gopher wrote:

I have been having consitent problems trying to view Xfinity DVR recording in the cloud on my iPad using iOS 10.2 and the Xfinity TV app (version 3.11.0.721)

I can set the recording either from my TV or from my iPad and they happen as scheduled.   If I watch the recordings on the TV, they work perfectly.

But if I try and download them to my iPad and watch them "off line" the downloaded recording are extremely choppy.  They will skip ahead (sometime 15+ mins), they will reset to the beginning after playing for a few miniutes, and some just don't play at all.

I have reset the iPad, I have deleted and reinstalled the Xfinity TV app - nothing seems to fix the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Tim 

what area do you live in? there have been some areas where the cloud DVR was reported to have some issues as you describe.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

Re: Xfinity TV App not properly downloading recordings from cloud on iPad operation iOS 10.2

I live in northern Delaware and I have had the same issues with my Xfinity app on my iPad with iOS 10.2. 

Official Employee

Afjf118 wrote:

I live in northern Delaware and I have had the same issues with my Xfinity app on my iPad with iOS 10.2. 

Cloud DVR recordings are separate from the recordings on your physical DVR, which is why you don't experience issues with playback on your TV. It sounds like you have corrupted Cloud DVR recordings. I'm curious if you see any pattern in the recordings with which you have issues? How prevalent is it? Is it worse during the Primetime peak hours?  Does it impact all channels or just one?

Unfortunately, once a recording is corrupted, there is no way to repair it (beyond trying to record the show's next airing). You can also try deleting the recording and watching the On Demand version if available. I realize it isn't an equivalent experience to Cloud DVR (can't always skip commercials or download). I'm sorry we let you down.  If it is any solace, customers in the Detroit and Twin Cities areas appear to be experiencing this more often than those in other areas of the country such as northern Deleware. 

Again, sorry you are having trouble.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

New Poster

ComcastDan -

is is there a fix planned? I have the same issue and am from Twin Cities. Doesn't matter when I try to download and/or which episodes. It's all.

Contributor

Comcast Dan

i am a Twin Cities resident in the Northern Dakota County franchise area.

it happens nearly 100% of the time trying to record programming on Fox Sports North. I have yet to get even 1 game to download properly out of 7 tries in the month of Jan

i have had it also happen with ESPN and Big Ten Network 

my wife dvr's Fixer Upper and that works 95% of the time. 60 minutes was 2 for 2 working as expected

hope that helps

Tim

Frequent Visitor

Comcast Dan,

Twin Cities Northern Suburbs.  Xfinity TV App and website problems for one month.  Previously, had many shows without the complete Cloud recording.  Now often can't play recordings at all on ipad 3 (ios 9.3.5), iphone se (ios 10.2), work computer (Windows 7) or home computer (Windows 10).  Live streaming in home or with TVGO works fiine.

On Monday 2/6 recorded 4 network shows.  One show on ios starts playing, but then continuosly restarts.  It does play, with stuttering, on computer.  Another show recorded 56:21 of 1 hour show and can play on computer, while ios shows error 101000.  The other 2 shows do not play at all, showing error 3305 on ios and error 102100.5 on computer.  Similar issues have occured for the past week or two. 

I have called twice to tech support.  Is there any timeline for fixes in Twin Cities and Detroit?

Official Employee

vud999 wrote:

Comcast Dan,

Twin Cities Northern Suburbs.  Xfinity TV App and website problems for one month.  Previously, had many shows without the complete Cloud recording.  Now often can't play recordings at all on ipad 3 (ios 9.3.5), iphone se (ios 10.2), work computer (Windows 7) or home computer (Windows 10).  Live streaming in home or with TVGO works fiine.

On Monday 2/6 recorded 4 network shows.  One show on ios starts playing, but then continuosly restarts.  It does play, with stuttering, on computer.  Another show recorded 56:21 of 1 hour show and can play on computer, while ios shows error 101000.  The other 2 shows do not play at all, showing error 3305 on ios and error 102100.5 on computer.  Similar issues have occured for the past week or two. 

I have called twice to tech support.  Is there any timeline for fixes in Twin Cities and Detroit?

I'm really sorry and understand how frustrating this is. Our Cloud DVR team is aware of the issues in these areas and working to resolve them. Tech support won't be able to help fix any issues over the phone. The engineering team is working to optimize the Cloud DVR software and add additional hardware to those markets. 

Again sorry.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Service Expert
Moved:

Official Employee

Littlesender wrote:

The following article provides some tips on estimating project timelines: https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/newPPM_01.htm

To estimate time effectively, follow this four-step process:

1. Understand what's required.
  2. Prioritize activities and tasks.
  3. Decide who you need to involve.
  4. Do your estimates.

Not to be rude, but "The engineering team is working..." is pretty obvious.  It's not rocket science...  All we're asking for is a simple estimate.

That came off as pretty condescending but I understand your frustration. The hardware augmentation is currently scheduled to be in place before the end of February but until that's done and testing is complete, we won't know if the issue is resolved or mitigated to acceptable levels. If I'm able to get a specific date that I have confidence in, I'll let you know.

Best,

ComcastDan

Community Icon
Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.

Contributor

Comcast Dan

Any news on the update you indicated would be ready by the end of February?

Tim

Contributor

Re: Xfinity Stream TV App not properly downloading recordings from cloud on iPad operation iOS 10.2

Well after some small improvements in March, when the Xfinity Stream TV app debuted, we are right back to where we started - the App simply does not download recorded programs.  This week it's failed to download

Golden State vs Portland basketball game on TNT

MN Wild hockey game on NBC

Fixer Upper S4 episode 17 on HGTV

It's really false advertising to continue to run ads on Xfinity TV saying you can watch anywhere anytime when its clear that you have not figured out the cloud technology necessary to download program.

One really upset customer......

Regular Visitor

I'm in the Minneapolis market and STILL have issues. They aren't nearly as bad as they used to be, but there are still glitches and minor skips when downloading shows.
Official Employee
Moved:

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 8 in conversation