Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity TV App not full screen

New Poster

Xfinity TV App not full screen

I am unable to view shows/movies on my tablet in full screen mode.  I have tried the HD filter, but it still remains 1/2 of the screen and in portrait not landscape mode.  I am also trying to download movies to watch offline, but can't seem to figure that out.  I am using the new Xfinity TV app, as I previously was using the Xfinity TV Go app and was able to download certain movies and had no problems with watching On Demand tv shows in full screen.

Thanks.

Official Employee

Re: Xfinity TV App not full screen

MichaelNordhoff wrote:

I am unable to view shows/movies on my tablet in full screen mode.  I have tried the HD filter, but it still remains 1/2 of the screen and in portrait not landscape mode.  I am also trying to download movies to watch offline, but can't seem to figure that out.  I am using the new Xfinity TV app, as I previously was using the Xfinity TV Go app and was able to download certain movies and had no problems with watching On Demand tv shows in full screen.

Thanks.

Please ensure your device's rotation lock it turned off. On iOS10, you swipe up from the bottom of the screen and tap the icon that looks like a circular arrow.  Android depends on what OS and device types.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
New Poster

My screen roation is not locked and I have the HD filter on, but I still am not getting anything to play ful screen. Any other suggestions?

Service Expert

Kontos wrote:

My screen roation is not locked and I have the HD filter on, but I still am not getting anything to play ful screen. Any other suggestions?

using a set top box in your home go to a HD local channel for example ABC. Is it full screen? If so, hit the INFO button on the remote and note the channel number. Go to the device and view a live TV channel (while connected to your home network). Using the app's interface press the channel access button (looks like a set of small squares inside of a square) and type in the channel number you saw in the INFO screen and press watch. When your device is upright (portrait) do you see the live TV? If so turn the phone to landscape orientation, does the picture now fill the screen (tablets may have a curtain on top or bottom since they are not shaped into 16:9 display area)?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

I have followed the advice and i am still unable to watch Tv in full screen of my Iphone 7+. The Spectrum App usuing a separate account workd fine.

Service Expert

CBDX wrote:

I have followed the advice and i am still unable to watch Tv in full screen of my Iphone 7+. The Spectrum App usuing a separate account workd fine.

using your iphone 7+ (i just did this with mine) run the stream app, touch the stack of papers/hamburger symbol in upper left and live channels. select weather channel HD and touch the icon. turn phone sideways and verify the image is full screen on the iPhone.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

New Poster

I have tried all of this and can not watch full screen. The app is obviously flawed, every other app, program or website has a lower right hand corner click "button" that changes the view. How can I watch with full screen as I am paying a lot for the service and should atleast be able to watch TV from my phone or tablet from my kitchen in full screen. Any help that actually works, would be appreciated.
New Poster

How about just having the tech team making the app "normal" and putting the "button" in the button right hand corner like everything else. That would fix the entire problem. Going to my TV and "try this and try that" ECT is kind of ridiculous when you think about it. It should be easy and customer friendly not making us feel stupid by asking if we have the screen rotation on, on our smart phone.
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 6 in conversation