Welcome to Xfinity Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Xfinity Stream on Roku only on XFINITY WiFi?

ANSWERED
Authorized Vendor

Xfinity Stream on Roku only on XFINITY WiFi?

So I have been using my Xfinity Stream (Beta) on the roku and it stopped working:

Error createDrmSession.403-102

my setup SB8200 -> Edgerouter -> WiFi

I have DNS setup for this device to use the Xfinity DNS Servers for both IPv4/IPv6..

Do we know why it would stop working?  no I am not using Xfinity WiFi and dont have a Xfinity Wifi device in the house..

-------------------------------------
Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Gamer.. Living the dream one catastrophe at a time Smiley Happy ..
Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity Stream on Roku only on XFINITY WiFi?

ArrisTuska wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

minimum beta environment requirments is must be a subscriber to x1 with at least one set top box and use the in-home wifi. 

Edit: If you have Xfinity TV service and the X1 package and the modem HFC macId is the same as on the Xfinity My Account app under the internet tab for the modem and the model number of the Roku is allowed then the Stream app should work.

Yep I have X1package just not the Xfinity modem.. It was working great till today, guess I will need to ping some people on this one..  Odd; really was just tring to see if anyone else had this setup and working or not..

I have an old owned arris surfboard modem and the roku works fine with my netgear router. does your 'modem' macid match what is on the xfinity My Account app?

View answer in context
Service Expert

ArrisTuska wrote:

So I have been using my Xfinity Stream (Beta) on the roku and it stopped working:

Error createDrmSession.403-102

my setup SB8200 -> Edgerouter -> WiFi

I have DNS setup for this device to use the Xfinity DNS Servers for both IPv4/IPv6..

Do we know why it would stop working?  no I am not using Xfinity WiFi and dont have a Xfinity Wifi device in the house..

minimum beta environment requirments is must be a subscriber to x1 with at least one set top box and use the in-home wifi. 

Edit: If you have Xfinity TV service and the X1 package and the modem HFC macId is the same as on the Xfinity My Account app under the internet tab for the modem and the model number of the Roku is allowed then the Stream app should work.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Authorized Vendor

Rustyben wrote:

Yep I have X1package just not the Xfinity modem.. It was working great till today, guess I will need to ping some people on this one..  Odd; really was just tring to see if anyone else had this setup and working or not..

Network Engineer, IP Engineer, Docsis..; the views expressed on this post are mine and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer..

Service Expert

ArrisTuska wrote:

Rustyben wrote:

I have an old owned arris surfboard modem and the roku works fine with my netgear router. does your 'modem' macid match what is on the xfinity My Account app?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark an Answer!solution Icon

Authorized Vendor

Rustyben wrote:

Funny I need to check that, now that i think about it may not my house may be on a test modem for a X1 test I am doing.. 

Xfinity Events:
WATCHATHON 2018... See More
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation