members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Stream app problems

Posted by
New Poster
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 2
The app is not updating along with my in-house DVR recordings. I can see all my current recording's when I turn on my cable box at home but I can't see any of my recordings after September 7 on the mobile app
1 REPLY
Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 2

Hi Lou

Can you try a couple things and let me know which one, if any, worked? I'm trying to figure out if we broke something in the latest release, or if there's a server-side or account problem.

First, from the Recordings or Scheduled screen, pull down to initiate a hard refresh (just like you would in Mail to fetch new messages).

If that doesn't do it, and you don't have any downloads: Try signing out and back in, which should clear any caches that are stuck.

If you have downloads that you don't want to lose, making signing out an unappealing option, try this instead (it's going to sound weird, but bear with me): Go to Settings (wheel icon at the bottom of the left navigation area, next to the xfinitystream logo) > Parental Controls and toggle on Parental Controls (you'll need to set a PIN), then choose a Safe Browse setting that's *not* Hide None. Back out of Parental Controls and tap Done in Settings. Repeat these steps, but set Safe Browse back to Hide None (unless you like having all the racy titles and cover art hidden :-). This method also clears any stuck caches, but it doesn't delete downloads.

LHC

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon