Welcome to Comcast Help & Support Forums
Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Stream app cuts 5-10 minutes out of the middle of numerous shows.

New Poster

Xfinity Stream app cuts 5-10 minutes out of the middle of numerous shows.

The Xfinity stream app will cut off parts of many recordings. For example, I was watching the season 10 finale of Fargo and the show ended with 15 minutes still left on the recording. i thought this was odd as I only have it set to record 2-3 minutes past the end.  I went back and watched it on-demand and there were 3 scenes (roughly 12 minutes of time)  cut FROM THE MIDDLE of the episode.  Another example  an episode of Deadliest Catch and the last 10 minutes we lopped off. Go to on Demand and They were on there.  This basically rendered this method of watching show USELESS as it will randomly cut huge portions of episode out and its possible that you may totally miss it and be seriously lost in the episode. FIX THIS PROBLEM.  Also massive issues when downloading shows.

Service Expert

Re: Xfinity Stream app cuts 5-10 minutes out of the middle of numerous shows.

ndfan8198 wrote:

The Xfinity stream app will cut off parts of many recordings. For example, I was watching the season 10 finale of Fargo and the show ended with 15 minutes still left on the recording. i thought this was odd as I only have it set to record 2-3 minutes past the end.  I went back and watched it on-demand and there were 3 scenes (roughly 12 minutes of time)  cut FROM THE MIDDLE of the episode.  Another example  an episode of Deadliest Catch and the last 10 minutes we lopped off. Go to on Demand and They were on there.  This basically rendered this method of watching show USELESS as it will randomly cut huge portions of episode out and its possible that you may totally miss it and be seriously lost in the episode. FIX THIS PROBLEM.  Also massive issues when downloading shows.

how is the actual DVR recording?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation