New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Stream TV

Posted by
Administrator

Message 3 of 42

Comcast is focused on creating the best entertainment experiences across platforms and continuing to give XFINITY TV customers more choice in how, when and where they access their content. In keeping with these goals, Comcast will rebrand the XFINITY TV app and portal to the XFINITY Stream app and portal on February 28.

Customers who have the XFINITY TV app installed on their devices will notice the transition to XFINITY Stream through an app update. Portal users can access the new experience at xfinity.com/stream.

stream2.png

Frequently Asked Questions:

How is the XFINITY Stream app different from the XFINITY TV app? Isn't this just a rebrand of your existing app?

While the XFINITY Stream app will have many of the existing features and functionality of the XFINITY TV app, we've recently updated the backend infrastructure resulting in improved video quality and faster download speeds.

What features are changing from XFINITY TV app and portal to XFINITY Stream?

With XFINITY Stream, customers will continue to have all features available with the XFINITY TV app and portal today. The app allows customers to watch their entire TV line-up and On Demand catalog on phones, tablets and laptops in the home. When they're on-the-go, they can tune in to more than 200 live channels, access and program their DVR (X1 Cloud customers only) and watch more than 40,000 on demand titles.

How much does the XFINITY Stream app cost?

The XFINITY Stream app and web portal is available to all XFINITY TV customers at no additional cost.

Do all XFINITY TV customers have access to this app?

Yes, the XFINITY Stream app is available to all XFINITY TV customers, though customers whose subscription does not include XFINITY X1 DVR service will not have cloud DVR functionality. Note: XFINITY TV single play customers will be limited to TV Everywhere programming in and out of the home since in-home streaming requires an XFINITY gateway.

Does the XFINITY Stream app use data from my XFINITY Internet monthly data usage allowance?

When you are in your home connected to your in-home XFINITY network, content delivered to the XFINITY Stream app is an in-home cable service delivered over Comcast's managed cable network, not over the Internet, and will not be counted towards your XFINITY Internet monthly data usage. If you watch any TV Everywhere programming through the XFINITY Stream app, out of your home, that programming is delivered over an Internet or mobile connection and would count towards any usage thresholds that might apply.

Why are the content choices different in and out of the home?

While in the home, content is delivered as a cable service over Comcast's network, and includes the customer's full channel lineup and on demand choices. The ability to watch certain content outside the home is not always available due to contracts with programmers. However, over the past two years, we have gone from 50 live TV channels being available over the Internet to more than 200, and we continue to try to expand that offering.

In 2015, you announced a product called Stream TV that enables access to select channels on devices in the home. Is this the same thing?

No. Stream TV is a standalone product offering currently available in Boston and Chicago. We plan to deploy it nationally soon. Note: When available across the footprint, (old) Stream TV customers will access their service through the new XFINITY Stream app.

Does this mean the old Stream TV is going away?

No, we still believe there is a demand for this product for customers who do not currently have cable service, may not have a television and who consume most of their content on a laptop, tablet or mobile device and prefer to get their video without a TV box.

**UPDATE 03/10/2017**

Version 4.0.2 of the XFINITY Stream app is now available for Apple devices. Enhancements in this release include the following fixes:

• Title locks are now properly enforced for TV series when playing a linear channel.
  • Occasional Picture in Picture going blank when playing linear channels is now fixed.
  • Tuning from a channel cell or listing from the grid that occasionally did nothing is now fixed.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark it as an accepted solution!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark it as a solution!solution Icon
41 REPLIES
Posted by
Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.
  • Thank you contributor for your first reply to the community!
 Posting replies is the best way to get involved.
  • Congrats on Posting your first topic!

Message 1 of 42

I am happy that Xfinity has released an app for Roku's even though I use my Xbox One for TV and Movie functions, along with my X1 box. What I really want to see is a Windows 10 Xfinity Stream App built on the current Universal Windows Platform which would enable the developers to build one app that could run on Windows 10 PC's, Windows 10 mobile, Xbox One, and Hololens. Being Windows 10 friendly will likely keep me subscibing to Xfinity instead of looking elsewhere. Please provide an ETA for a Xfinity Stream App for Windows 10. Thanks!

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 2 of 42

MBXONE wrote:

I am happy that Xfinity has released an app for Roku's even though I use my Xbox One for TV and Movie functions, along with my X1 box. What I really want to see is a Windows 10 Xfinity Stream App built on the current Universal Windows Platform which would enable the developers to build one app that could run on Windows 10 PC's, Windows 10 mobile, Xbox One, and Hololens. Being Windows 10 friendly will likely keep me subscibing to Xfinity instead of looking elsewhere. Please provide an ETA for a Xfinity Stream App for Windows 10. Thanks!

Thanks for your feedback. I'll share it with the team.

There isn't currently a plan to offer a native Windows 10 app.  Of course, we do offer the web experience but I understand there is a difference and lack of Xbox support.

Best,
ComcastDan

Community Icon
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor
  • Congratulations on receiving your first Kudos! Thank you for your meaningful contribution to the forum. May this be the first of many kudos.

Message 4 of 42

Today is "Feb. 28" (2017) and yet your (heralded) new app is nowhere to be found on your own website nor in Google's Playstore.

Here are the relevant URLs:

https://www.xfinity.com/apps.html

https://play.google.com/store/apps/developer?id=Comcast 

I've also embedded current screen captures (below) as further proof.  Why can't Comcast ever provide anything ON TIME, that works reliably and for a reasonable price?

I'm pay over $230 / mo. to Comcast.  Unless you want to lose my business for good, reply back today with a non-patronizing answer as to when this app will actually be released.

Posted by
Administrator

Message 5 of 42

@wavetech4

I just checked the app store and am seeing the Xfinity Stream App. I would try the following link if you are wanting to download it for android, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.cloudtvr

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 6 of 42
I just updated the app on my iPhone. It does not do anything more than the previous app did. I am still unable to view my entire lineup out of home. On the ones that are TVGO listed. I thought that's what this app update was supposed to fix.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 7 of 42

ComcastJessie wrote:

@wavetech4

I just checked the app store and am seeing the Xfinity Stream App. I would try the following link if you are wanting to download it for android, https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xfinity.cloudtvr

Apparentlly someone read my post and THEN fixed the problem because those screen caps were only minutes old when I posted them.

But of course I'm sure that you already knew that's what happened and know you're trying to pretend like there was never a problem; a classic Comcast ruse and to top it off, no apology for Comcast wasting my time.

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 8 of 42

wavetech4 wrote:

ComcastJessie wrote:

@wavetech4

Apparentlly someone read my post and THEN fixed the problem because those screen caps were only minutes old when I posted them.

But of course I'm sure that you already knew that's what happened and know you're trying to pretend like there was never a problem; a classic Comcast ruse and to top it off, no apology for Comcast wasting my time.

The apps were released to the iOS App Store and Google Play store at 10am EST but take a while to appear on end-user devices. I'm sorry you spent all that time searching and capturing screenshots. 

-ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 9 of 42

ComcastDan wrote:

wavetech4 wrote:

ComcastJessie wrote:

@wavetech4

The apps were released to the iOS App Store and Google Play store at 10am EST but take a while to appear on end-user devices. I'm sorry you spent all that time searching and capturing screenshots. 

-ComcastDan

The timestamps on the screencaps don't lie, you do. All of those screen caps I posted have a timestamp well past 10AM EST and the last one has a timestamp of of 11:01AM EST.

I never stated that I was waiting for anything to appear on a device in either of my postings. So why did you float a red herring ("... but take a while to appear on end-user devices.") in your reply which clearly has no relevance to what I'd posted / claimed?  

LOOK AT THE SCREENSHOTS IN MY ORIGINAL POSTING IN THIS THREAD. THEY ARE SCREEN CAPS OF WEB PAGES WITH ACCURATE TIMESTAMPS. THEY PROVE EXACTLY WHAT I'D CLAIMED THAT THEY PROVED.

& BTW, THE FOLLOWING SCREEN CAP OF A TWITTER COMPLAINT IS JUST ONE OF SEVERAL I'VE SEEN THAT CLAIMS THAT YOUR NEW APP ISN'T PROVIDING WHAT WAS PROMISED BY COMCAST'S MARKETING HYPE.

Others downloading new XFINITY and reporting it does NOT deliver on the hype.PNG 

Posted by
Administrator

Message 10 of 42

@wavetech4,

We know that it may have created some confusion this morning before it was completely switched over to the new app, for that we sincerely apologize.

Is there any specific issue we can help with either about the app or otherwise? If so, please don't hesitate to let us know. 

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Regular Contributor

Message 11 of 42

ComcastJessie,

Thanks for your post.  It is very helpful.

I've been running Xfinity Stream on Windows 10 and iOS 10 for a few days now.  I absolutely love it.

I'd like to start running Xfinity Stream on my Samsung smart TVs - but there is not an Xfinity Stream app for Samsung TVs at this point.

Samsung was one of the first manufactureres to sign-up for Xfinity Stream support last year.

I just got off a Samsung support chat session - and, they had no clue.

http://corporate.comcast.com/news-information/news-feed/comcast-launches-xfinity-tv-partner-program-...

Do you have any idea about the roll-out of Xfinity Stream to smart TVs?

Thanks

Interesting point of interest on this topic:

Samsung smart TVs have an app called Xfinity HD Sampler which apparently is some kind of application stub of Xfinity TV - it only has about 6 network shows available on it.

I guess it was tech proof of concept - or something.

Yes, I totaly understand that Comcast is going to do Microsoft Windows and Apple iOS first and then work on other platforms.

I guess Samsung smartphones would be next and then Samsung TVs would be the next obvious choice.

I see a post from someone who would like Xbox support - that will probably never happen.

So, anyway - I guess everyone is wondering which platforms will be supported and when.

I would have to guess Comcast is going to evaluate this initial roll-out for a few months before it moves forward.

3/11/2017 update

I found this 2015 post from Comcast that says Comcost will not support Xfinity Stream TV on Samsung Smart TVs:

https://www.xfinity.com/support/xfinity-apps/xfinity-tv-samsung-smart-tv/

But, obviousty the 2016 Xfinity Partner Program supercedes that.

So, I've got 6 TVs and 4 of them have Comcast cable boxes hooked up to them.  The other 2 TVs are old, in seldom used rooms and need to be replaced.  I want to buy 2 smart TVs that will run Xfinity Stream TV.  I need some info on the status of the Xfinity TV Partner Program. 

**************************************************************************************

Wow - my ignorance of what is happening in broadcast media is amazing.

ComcastJessie has some interesting information about Xfinity TV Partner Program and Roku at his post here:

http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Stream-TV-App/Xfinity-TV-on-Roku/td-p/2834869

I think that will probably provide enough insite for me to figure out what is going on, for now.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 12 of 42

I just posted tonight that I can no longer watch "in Home"  shows  in home!  I am trying on the Stream App on my iPad, my daughter's Mac book and my Samsung laptop.  The Adobe flash solution did not work either.  This just started a few weeks ago too.  Never a problem before and now these wonderful bonuses for being an Xfinity customer aren't doing me a bit of good.  Very frustrating!  

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 13 of 42

pobr wrote:

I just posted tonight that I can no longer watch "in Home"  shows  in home!  I am trying on the Stream App on my iPad, my daughter's Mac book and my Samsung laptop.  The Adobe flash solution did not work either.  This just started a few weeks ago too.  Never a problem before and now these wonderful bonuses for being an Xfinity customer aren't doing me a bit of good.  Very frustrating!  

A bit more detail please. Did you get an error message on the iPad? is the wifi set to get DNS servers from your router via DHCP? What is the SSID that the iPad is connected?

Is your samsung laptop running windows? If so, what version? (windows 10's IE has flash embedded). On the samsung what browser were you using? did you try other browsers like firefox or chrome? Have you tried connecting this PC via ethernet to test ability?

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee, I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee. I am a paying customer just like you!
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help.

Community Icon
I am not a Comcast employee.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 14 of 42
The Xfinity Stream app worked yesterday, but now I'm getting a connection error message. I can get on the internet still and I'm connected to my wifi at home. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it still shows a connection error.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 15 of 42

Nessydo wrote:
The Xfinity Stream app worked yesterday, but now I'm getting a connection error message. I can get on the internet still and I'm connected to my wifi at home. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the app, but it still shows a connection error.

did you try hooking it up via ethernet as a test?

Community Icon
I am an XFINITY Forum Expert and I am here to help. For information on the program click here.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 16 of 42

unhelpful, off topic, user has a separate thread with his issues.

Posted by
Regular Visitor

Message 17 of 42
At least Xfinity Go worked. This Xfinity Stream does NOT work. 90% of recordings give the error you all are doing your best to ignore and the rest only show like 12 mins. 'Upgrading' doesn't mean making much MUCH worse. I want what I was promised and what I picked your company for. Fix this heap of junk you call Xfinity Stream.
Posted by
Service Expert

Message 18 of 42

Lyken85 wrote:
At least Xfinity Go worked. This Xfinity Stream does NOT work. 90% of recordings give the error you all are doing your best to ignore and the rest only show like 12 mins. 'Upgrading' doesn't mean making much MUCH worse. I want what I was promised and what I picked your company for. Fix this heap of junk you call Xfinity Stream.

what city system are you connected (example: Detroit)?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 19 of 42

Xfinity Stream TV app not working. Comcast no help. In Chicago area. Shows missing that are on home dvr, or partial or will not run at all - get error message.

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 20 of 42

CJY805 wrote:

Xfinity Stream TV app not working. Comcast no help. In Chicago area. Shows missing that are on home dvr, or partial or will not run at all - get error message. 

HI, moved your post to this thread. If you scan the posts in this thread it details a current problem in your area that has not yet been resolved. There is nothing you can do in your home with your equipment nor wiring to fix the problem. Engineers are still resolving the high-demand issues in your area.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 21 of 42

Hello,

I've been using the new Xfinity Stream app for watching television in my room on my laptop. It's great because I have all of my DVR recordings in the cloud and it works well for the most part. Recently, I've been encountering errors with my recordings. When a show records, on my DVR it has been recorded fully but on the Xfinity Stream Website it has only recorded 10 mins of this. I thought if I give it a day it would work, that was on Tuesday, it is now Sunday and it is still doing the same thing. I also have encountered recordings that were on my DVR missing from the cloud also. I live in the Chicago, IL network. Could someone please help?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 22 of 42

izzapayne wrote:

Hello,

I've been using the new Xfinity Stream app for watching television in my room on my laptop. It's great because I have all of my DVR recordings in the cloud and it works well for the most part. Recently, I've been encountering errors with my recordings. When a show records, on my DVR it has been recorded fully but on the Xfinity Stream Website it has only recorded 10 mins of this. I thought if I give it a day it would work, that was on Tuesday, it is now Sunday and it is still doing the same thing. I also have encountered recordings that were on my DVR missing from the cloud also. I live in the Chicago, IL network. Could someone please help?

HI, see post 20 above. I moved your post to this common thread with the issue explained.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 23 of 42

I have the same problem and chatted this morning and supposedly they were refreshing and supposedly fixed but I still can't watch certain channels in home on my laptop and get the message Available to watch in home only and I am in home on my wifi...

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 24 of 42

mbhjfam1 wrote:

I have the same problem and chatted this morning and supposedly they were refreshing and supposedly fixed but I still can't watch certain channels in home on my laptop and get the message Available to watch in home only and I am in home on my wifi...

if you have access to a smart device (android or iOS) load and run the Xfinity My Account app and select the Internet 'tab'. does it show your modem information?

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor
  • You have posted 5 replies to the community. Thank you for keeping the conversations going!

Message 25 of 42

When will the same app that is on iPhone for xfinity streaming be the SAME for ROKU? So annoying that I can access it on my laptop and phone but not my roku!!!

Posted by
Visitor

Message 26 of 42

The app is not working correctly.... tells me I'm not on my home wifi, which I am. And when something does work it only works for a couple of min! Bring back the old old app!!!! 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 27 of 42

Kevnor wrote:

The app is not working correctly.... tells me I'm not on my home wifi, which I am. And when something does work it only works for a couple of min! Bring back the old old app!!!! 

please run your My Account Xfinity app and select the internet tab. does your modem appear with the correct information and model and "address'? (MAC ID)

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 28 of 42

I have a cabin unable to get cable tv but i can get internet service from a satellite antenna.  I would like to mirror video from xfinity streaming app to my smart tv via AirPlay or by hardwire from my iphone to HDMI.   Both of these methods seem to be blocked by Xfinity.     Can you either unblock the mirror function or create an App that can be added to my Samsung TV?

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 29 of 42

waageminnesota wrote:

I have a cabin unable to get cable tv but i can get internet service from a satellite antenna.  I would like to mirror video from xfinity streaming app to my smart tv via AirPlay or by hardwire from my iphone to HDMI.   Both of these methods seem to be blocked by Xfinity.     Can you either unblock the mirror function or create an App that can be added to my Samsung TV?

the rights to 'play' mobile content on TV are not granted by the producers of the content. Comcast has to enforce those restrictions.

you can connect a laptop to a TV still via HDMI or via connection to a chromecast dongle and the chrome browser on the laptop.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 30 of 42

ComcastJessie wrote:

While in the home, content is delivered as a cable service over Comcast's network, and includes the customer's full channel lineup and on demand choices. The ability to watch certain content outside the home is not always available due to contracts with programmers. However, over the past two years, we have gone from 50 live TV channels being available over the Internet to more than 200, and we continue to try to expand that offering.

This is quite misleading. 

It's actually possible to be in one's home and get data service over one's cell phone because Comcast's service cable and internet services are down. 

In that case, sitting in one's own home, it's not possible to get the programming for which you've paid and is quite legal to view. 

I get it. You're using "connected to the Comcast network through an appropriately registered device" as a proxy for "at home". And it's certainly a really good indicator the vast majority of the times. 

But when your services fail, that proxy becomes a barrier to watching the programming I'm paying for. And that's really annoying and badly described above. 

Posted by
Problem Solver

Message 31 of 42

Curmudgeon55 wrote:

ComcastJessie wrote:

This is quite misleading. 

It's actually possible to be in one's home and get data service over one's cell phone because Comcast's service cable and internet services are down. 

In that case, sitting in one's own home, it's not possible to get the programming for which you've paid and is quite legal to view. 

I get it. You're using "connected to the Comcast network through an appropriately registered device" as a proxy for "at home". And it's certainly a really good indicator the vast majority of the times. 

But when your services fail, that proxy becomes a barrier to watching the programming I'm paying for. And that's really annoying and badly described above. 

I'm not trying to be a mouthpiece for Comcast, but I don't think this is being misleading. If your cable and Internet service are both down, can you really expect that you should be able to receive any service that you are paying for? I think the best you can ask for is a refund for the time both of your services are not working.

Think of the logistical nightmare it would be for Comcast to have to work with every cell phone service provider to try to determine if your cell phone was physically in the area of your home cable and Internet service just so you could stream live TV through the Xfinity Stream TV app.

I read your other post about watching the Red Sox game, and having the cable and Internet go out, and trying to use the Stream app to watch the game live. Of course that didn't work since you were trying to use cell data, and Comcast doesn't allow live TV outside your home network. Next time that happens, start recording that program using the Stream app, wait 15 to 20 minutes, then cancel the recording. Then start recording again. Now you can watch the first part of the program that you cancelled (it might be in your deleted programs directory), and when you catch up, cancel the next part and start recording again. This way your game will be delayed by 15 to 20 minutes, but you can still watch it instead of missing it entirely.

Posted by
Frequent Visitor

Message 32 of 42

Of course it's misleading. I'm at home, trying to watch programming that Comcast says I can view at home and I can't watch it because of the path the bits are taking. 

They don't actually mean "at home". They mean "so none of the bits ever leaves the Comcast network." 

I get that this is an edge case, I understand that "through your cable modem" is a much easier standard to implement than anything else. I don't want Comcast using the GPS on my phone to track my location to see if I'm really at home. 

In retrospect, I understand completely. Prospectively, as I was trying to actually watch something, I had incorrect expectations based on a reading of at home. I admit that was terribly naive of me, I'm not sure how I was thinking it was going to work.

Oh, and thank you very much for that record and playback workaround. I hope that Comcast will get my connections fixed so I don't ever have to use, but if I do, I'll greatly appreciate it. 

Posted by
Service Expert

Message 33 of 42

adding.. if it is local to you (line down for example) you can check to see if any neighbor's xfinitywifi hotspot is up and running. the usage currently is not charged to anyone.

Community Icon

Community Icon

Community Icon

Posted by
Visitor

Message 34 of 42

Can we sream 2 different programs to two different taablets at the same time? (My Wife and I)

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 35 of 42

ronbarfam wrote:

Can we sream 2 different programs to two different taablets at the same time? (My Wife and I)

Yes, if you are a regular XFINITY TV subscriber, you can generally stream to 3 different devices at the same time and each can watch a separate program.  If you are in-home and connected to you XFINITY network, you can watch up to 5 streams at the same time.

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Posted by
Visitor

Message 36 of 42

The Xfinity stream app does not work well. Many time it does not load all the TV listings. When I click on a particular listing I get an error message (no data available).  When downloading a movie it goes to 100% and then starts the download over again. It did it 3 times on one of my movies and I just cancelled the download. I tried anther movie and it did fine. 

So I'm not impressed. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 37 of 42

My xfinity stream app has been nonfunctional since March 28th.  I have opened multiple level 3 tickets with Comcast to no avail.  Comcast continues to close the tickets.  Level 3 techs can't explain why they are closed, they just reopen a ticket.  I am also unable to access shows on the NBC Streaming app or xfinity.com streaming website.  Is anyone else having this problem?

My tickets are:

CR695125429

CR696051075

CR969043063

CR692387310

CR694780278

IFS252799

Every time a ticket is closed and a new one is opened, the process starts again.  Level 1 sits on the ticket for 6 days, it gets boosted up to level 3 who sits on it for a while before sending it to engineering who sits on it more.  Absolutely unbelievable that the comcast support system would allow this to happen.  I have asked for a manager and been told that they are not available.  Any thoughts on how I can get resolution?

Posted by
Visitor
Message 38 of 42

I'm using the new Stream TV app on an iPad Pro. 2 days ago, the recorded shows list on my iPad Pro matched the list of recorded shows on my Xfinity cable box. Now, while the cable box says it is full and lists a bunch of the shows I recorded and saved, the app on my iPad Pro jumps between listing a bunch of shows I've previously deleted (and won't let me play) and then showing only a couple of shows. I've deleted the app and downloaded it again to no avail.

Help.

Posted by
Contributor

Message 39 of 42

Having the same problem in the Twin Cities.  This app is simply does not work they way Comcast says it should.  I call and no one has any answers.  Very disappointing. 

Posted by
Visitor

Message 40 of 42

"No Tricks, just great TV".  "Our best streaming experience".  That's Comcast's description of Stream TV.  Blocking the HDMI port or Airplay is a trick in my opinion, and reduces the streaming experience.  I travel a lot, and having the ability to watch a program in a hotel room using the hotel TV via HDMI from my iPhone vs. just using the iPhone screen would be a plus.

Posted by
Visitor

Message 41 of 42

Hi . now that the spring is here we like to go camping .we have a seasonal site in a campground, they say they have comet WiFi . every time we try and connect we get out of range or no I ternet available. So my question is will the new app help us be able to watch TV while we r camping

Posted by
Official Employee

Message 42 of 42

Maryg106 wrote:

Hi . now that the spring is here we like to go camping .we have a seasonal site in a campground, they say they have comet WiFi . every time we try and connect we get out of range or no I ternet available. So my question is will the new app help us be able to watch TV while we r camping

If you have X1 with Cloud DVR you can download recordings to watch when offline. If you don't you can go to the On Demand section and select the "Available for download" filter (mostly Starz and Showtime content but more being added).

Of course, with WiFi or cellular, you can stream anything available out of the home - select the "Available out of home" filter.

-ComcastDan

Community Icon

Community Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.