New to the Community? Start here.

members

online now

discussions

Xfinity Stream TV usernames

ANSWERED
New Poster

Xfinity Stream TV usernames

Is there a way to NOT have the recently viewed programs from other usernames on my list when using Stream TV app for IOS? Each of my family members has their own username, but we all see the activity of each other. What's the point of having individual usernames if we have shared content lists and usage?

Accepted Solution

Re: Xfinity Stream TV usernames

Hi Em723, the usernames are unique and have different access which you can control by logging in. But due to your TV services being tied to one account, all the apps use the same account to view any content so your recorded shows and recently watched will show up the same on each username. The point of having different usernames is to protect the primary users (account holder) information from others that they want to share the service with. You may want to create a username for your children or a friend but you don't want them to have access to changing your plan or seeing what you pay each month, this protects that information and unwanted actions performed on your account.

View answer in context
Official Employee

Re: Xfinity Stream TV usernames

Hi Em723, the usernames are unique and have different access which you can control by logging in. But due to your TV services being tied to one account, all the apps use the same account to view any content so your recorded shows and recently watched will show up the same on each username. The point of having different usernames is to protect the primary users (account holder) information from others that they want to share the service with. You may want to create a username for your children or a friend but you don't want them to have access to changing your plan or seeing what you pay each month, this protects that information and unwanted actions performed on your account.

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation